Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GTEM (Going The Extra Mile). Looks like its back.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS

Just received a package in the mail from Mileage Plus with 4 Cards to hand out to employees deserving recognition for noteworthy service. This will be meaningful in employees are acknowledged / compensated for the recognition.
SFHokie likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Does it say what employees will receive?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by getagb
Does it say what employees will receive?
No. I'll try to upload
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
This is excellent news. GTEM was a great program pmUA. It was so satisfying to be able to give a concrete, immediate recognition for outstanding service.

For LAXOGG, was this a separate, individual mailing containing just the GTEM cards? I am a bit surprised they didn't just combine it with the upcoming 2018 premiere kits.

Hopefully they are not limiting to just GS members...
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goodeats21
This is excellent news. GTEM was a great program pmUA. It was so satisfying to be able to give a concrete, immediate recognition for outstanding service.

For LAXOGG, was this a separate, individual mailing containing just the GTEM cards? I am a bit surprised they didn't just combine it with the upcoming 2018 premiere kits.
Separate mailing. Here is the content.

Last edited by LAXOGG; Dec 11, 2017 at 2:32 pm
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Sounds like a great idea!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, SPG Gold, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Diamond Golden Circle
Wasn't there a feature on the app where you could also do this?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Another step in the right direction, after past years of indifference, following the slagging "over-entitled" pax, I'm glad to see management has again figured out how to motivate both employees and customers at the same time.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Is this for GS only?

Originally Posted by Zoltar
Wasn't there a feature on the app where you could also do this?
Yes, when it was done as a cost-cutting move. It was also awkward to ask for the employee's ID number as part of the submission process.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Is this for GS only?
adding to your question - in its prior existence, was it limited to GS?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by riphamilton
adding to your question - in its prior existence, was it limited to GS?
No, as an 1K I received them.

2006 - "Going the extra mile" certificates
GTEM vs. Writing 1KVoice: Which has bigger impact?
Billiken likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 11, 2017 at 6:04 pm Reason: link
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Came with my GS xmas card today
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
This is great! When I was traveling with USAirways they had the Above and Beyond cards. I filled a lot of them. In that scheme, the recognized employee was getting into a lottery with monetary rewards in addition to the company knowing that there were the best of the best. In some of my flights with United, I was wishing that I could give those cards again as some employees make flying really enjoyable.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: 3 MMer
Always liked handing them out. One employee told me that one of them plus $6.98 got them a small Latte at an airport Starbuck's!

Naw, actually 4 of em equal one letter from a group oner for not serving pre-departures immediately.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I used to really like getting these as a 1K, and the United employees (almost all of them flight attendants) seemed to really appreciate the gesture. I will admit, towards the end of the program I would usually end the year with a few I hadn't handed out because literally NO ONE did anything remotely "above and beyond" that earned them from me. I hated having them go to waste, but preferred that to giving them to those who didn't really earn them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.