Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terminal food options @ IAH

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by dcbrc2
Happily, I haven't gone through Terminal A for a while, but that one was saddest among the sad choices at IAH.
Last time I was in A was last winter. They had a number of places. The one that looked interesting was a pizza place where they made your pizza on a line (line Subway makes a sandwich) then bake it in brick oven. I don't remember the brand but it was like a Pie Five Pizza or MOD Pizza. Not the healthiest choice (or even close!) but it was good.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Lawyerneering
You somehow can't find a good meal in one of the best food cities in the country, but use a centurion lounge as some sort of measuring stick?
my comment was as clear as mud and i conflated dining in houston and options at the airport. however, i stand by my opinion that, despite all the hype, houston is far from one of the best food cities in the country - in town or at the airport.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by mc0107
i stand by my opinion that, despite all the hype, houston is far from one of the best food cities in the country - in town or at the airport.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, DL 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LarryJ
Last time I was in A was last winter. They had a number of places. The one that looked interesting was a pizza place where they made your pizza on a line (line Subway makes a sandwich) then bake it in brick oven. I don't remember the brand but it was like a Pie Five Pizza or MOD Pizza. Not the healthiest choice (or even close!) but it was good.
Blaze Pizza. Good place. I really like the pesto sauce.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by enviroian
Subway between C and E is probably your healthiest option around. Foot long with turkey and veggies plus mustard is better than anything pappadeaux might offer.
Subway is not only the healthiest option, it is also likely the best compared to the OTG "pretentious snob" spots. I have quite literally not had one good dish at the abominations that they call restaurants. And they have already taken over many of the gate areas.
goodeats21 and oopl like this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 2MM 1K
Eaten at Pappadeaux 30+ times and is consistently good
and the first year they were open in E terminal they had a seafood buffet for like $10 - probably the best value in the history of terminal dining.
oopl likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zombietooth
Subway is not only the healthiest option, it is also likely the best compared to the OTG "pretentious snob" spots. I have quite literally not had one good dish at the abominations that they call restaurants. And they have already taken over many of the gate areas.
Agree. I have yet to eat an airport restaurant that had food tasting as good as it's other non airport locations. Never.

There is also another sandwich shop near the shoe clean station--I forget the name but it's pretty good.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Agree. I have yet to eat an airport restaurant that had food tasting as good as it's other non airport locations. Never.

There is also another sandwich shop near the shoe clean station--I forget the name but it's pretty good.
Upper Crust ^^
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:27 am

Subway between C and E is probably your healthiest option around. Foot long with turkey and veggies plus mustard is better than anything pappadeaux might offer.
I have a short (55-min) connection tomorrow at IAH (FLL-IAH-SFO) and will need to get something vegetarian quick. I'm not that familiar with IAH - would a quick visit to Subway be feasible? They have a veggie sandwich and a veggie patty sandwich. If not, what are other options (pizza, sandwich)?
-
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I have a short (55-min) connection tomorrow at IAH (FLL-IAH-SFO) and will need to get something vegetarian quick. I'm not that familiar with IAH - would a quick visit to Subway be feasible? They have a veggie sandwich and a veggie patty sandwich. If not, what are other options (pizza, sandwich)?
-
There are two subway locations if memory serves and they serve everything they would elsewhere.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Upper Crust ^^
Yes!

Those baguettes are pretty damn good.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I think it really depends on your arriving / departing gates, but a safe suggestion would be of the CIBO Express outposts throughout C and E.

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
-
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Lawyerneering
You somehow can't find a good meal in one of the best food cities in the country, but use a centurion lounge as some sort of measuring stick?
LA, SF, NYC and Chicago have much better food scenes to be honest. The shear density of new restaurants and foodies tells the story. You can find good food in any major city including Houston but that doesn't make it one of the best food cities.

With that said yeah, there's plenty of decent choices at the airport. And not sure why EWR is getting so much flak after the new food options after the Terminal C re-do? If anything I find the options at SFO to just be painful to deal with, but maybe the grass is always greener on the other side for someone looking at other airports other than their home airport.
mc0107 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
3rd bar over in Concourse B.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by jobartram
3rd bar over in Concourse B.
do, re, b?

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.