Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Give Back

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Holiday Give Back

To the United employees that had to work today, thanks for the great service. This industry is tough; no matter the time of the year, planes have to fly, and with a crew. Perhaps that line was bid or not bid, but I’d love to be able to give back to the UA employees working today, no matter what.

I’m advocating for a medium where we can help to chip in for those employees that have expenses when they are away from their families on holidays like today. It may seem like a small thing to us but chipping in to help cover child day care for the undoubtedly numerous reserve crew members that had to fly today.. that matters.

If United has an ability to set up a small fund to help support holiday working crew members, I’d hope they’d reach out to me. Otherwise does FT has this capability?

If enough money were raised the disbursement of excess would be up to United’s choosing but would have to benefit people that have ever worked for United.

It’s a small scale give back, but little things add up.
notquiteaff and snowed like this.

Last edited by boat9781; Nov 23, 2017 at 10:14 pm Reason: iPad vs laptop
Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
You might want to check out

Frequent Flyer Giving
(works with UA to support employees in need)

and

Flyertalk Cares

The collection/soliciting of funds for activities, including valid charities are not permited in regular forums.
Charitable Posts

FlyerTalk has a forum dedicated to the charitable ventures and activities of our members. It is called FlyerTalk Cares. All posts of a charitable nature must be limited to the FlyerTalk Cares forum. The guidelines and requirements for posting in FlyerTalk Cares can be found within that forum.

Once a FlyerTalk Cares thread has been approved, you may also choose a single forum you frequent in which to post a thread for the announcement and discussion of your charitable activity. Note, however, any link to another website for the purpose of pledging financial support may only be posted in the FlyerTalk Cares thread.
WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 23, 2017 at 10:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.