Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will UA copy Delta's newly announced Sky Club restrictions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!

Since UA seems to copy Delta's every move, as a non-hub UA flyer with a United Club membership, I certainly hope they don't copy this latest announcement from Delta: as of January 2019, Sky Club members will have to be flying on a Delta (or partner) flight to access the club.
Sky Club members will also lose access to partner lounges!

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/11/del...y-club-access/

Since I am PHL based, I sometimes have to fly AA when flying UA would make no sense (such as flying to BOS), and use the United Club before such flights.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Doubtful UA would follow. DL is different because it grants Diamonds SkyClub membership. Imagine what the UCs would be like if UA gave UC membership to 1Ks. In that context, limiting access makes more sense.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Doubtful UA would follow this, they seem to not care too much about lounge crowding..
GuyverII, JHake10 and truncated like this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Hopefully as this would reduce UC over-crowding just as DL's actions will reduce the problem in SC's.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
If UA does follow suit, they better hold Chase one-time pass holders to the same requirement. I use the HNL UC occasionally on my inter-island trips.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
They shpuld one up DL...must be on 016 stock to enter.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Since UA seems to copy Delta's every move
Hold on. Since when, outside of FT fantasy land, has UA copied "Delta's every move?"

I'd bet there are more "will UA copy" threads on FT than there are actual cases of UA truly copying Delta.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
If UA does follow suit, they better hold Chase one-time pass holders to the same requirement. I use the HNL UC occasionally on my inter-island trips.
Last week the UA club at D5 at IAD had a sign outside stating that one time/day pass holders would not be admitted.That club is small and suffers overcrowding badly in the 3-6pm range with INTL connections.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Delta used to have this policy (many, many years ago).
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by wanderingkev
Last week the UA club at D5 at IAD had a sign outside stating that one time/day pass holders would not be admitted.That club is small and suffers overcrowding badly in the 3-6pm range with INTL connections.
I frequently see one-time pass holders denied access at the UA clubs because of overcrowding. I'm sure it ticks some of them off. Of course, I will more likely be over in the LH or TK lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.