Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Canceled a flight segment and I wasn't informed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, *A Gold, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, BA, Miles & More Frequent Traveler

Have a reservation that routes TXL - BRU - EWR. No idea why my assistant decided a layover in Brussels was what I wanted but...

I called to see about changing the dates as it's a fare class Y ticket and the agent says that I'm scheduled for BRU - EWR and not TXL - BRU - EWR. The short hop to BRU was scheduled on Brussels Airlines. On my app it says starting in TXL, United desktop says starting in TXL. Her screen says BRU. The agent was very nice and helpful and in the end everything was sorted in the end. Also, not even Tripit Pro that I use registered a change to the itinerary.

My question(s) is: Does this happen often? I understand rescheduling a flight, but dropping a segment completely? Also, which should I use as an accurate up-to-date reference? Is it the United app? desktop? Or should I now just randomly call the help desk to ensure no funny business with my reservation?

What have others done in this situation? I'm positive United would have taken care of me at the airport, but it pisses me off a bit thinking of me showing up early Saturday morning at Tegal airport and thinking I'm going crazy because I don't see my flight on the monitor.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Berlin_traveler
I called to see about changing the dates as it's a fare class Y ticket and the agent says that I'm scheduled for BRU - EWR and not TXL - BRU - EWR. The short hop to BRU was scheduled on Brussels Airlines. On my app it says starting in TXL, United desktop says starting in TXL. Her screen says BRU. The agent was very nice and helpful and in the end everything was sorted in the end. Also, not even Tripit Pro that I use registered a change to the itinerary.
It's really hard to tell what happened here. Best guess is the SN segment never ticketed, but really can't tell based on the lack of detail.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:34 am
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
In case you are not aware there is now a TXL-JFK flight on LH that might work for you. Replacement for Air Berlin flight.
Berlin_traveler likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ted
In case you are not aware there is now a TXL-JFK flight on LH that might work for you. Replacement for Air Berlin flight.
Or the long standing TXL-EWR. The new LH flight time is a nice later option if you need the day in Berlin.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, *A Gold, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, BA, Miles & More Frequent Traveler
Originally Posted by Ted
Actually, was not aware. I was under the assumption it would be December for that flight became available. Thank you for that information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.