Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Strange Mileage Deduction for Confirmed Saver Economy Waitlisted Business Saver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strange Mileage Deduction for Confirmed Saver Economy Waitlisted Business Saver

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by asot550
Well, only way I could afford it mile-wise is to do one leg on AC PEK-SYD. Obviously I wouldn't preferred to be on UA the whole way but it wasn't really an option.
Well please just be aware that if CA can sell your seat for revenue at any point prior to departure, you can absolutely count on them doing exactly that. Their MO is to blame UA for X Y Z, and send you away to go plead with them over the phone (even though they've done nothing wrong).

Clearly CA is above *A rules and simple professionalism and basic etiquette, but many here theorize that they're simply too important to founding members (e.g. UA) to be dealt with properly. Thus, they continue to run amok, particularly where ex-PEK award bookings are concerned.

I don't mean to be rude here in any way - I just can't imagine that taking such a gamble is ever worthwhile, esp in light of the numerous horror stories recounted here on the very topic...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.