Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Minimum Mileage Accural on a Code share full Y ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: United MP 1K, SPG Gold

Sorry for asking a question that my have been answered but it's not clear on United's website and I couldn't find it searching the forums.

If I book a unrestricted Y class ticket on a code share (NH) that's less than 500 miles, will I receive 500 PQM miles, or would it be 150% of 500 = 750 miles?

Edit:
Question answered:
I was asking about PQM. Sorry that I didnt make it clear. But the link you provided has the answer for me:
8. For Premier members who travel on eligible purchased fare classes on flights with a distance of less than 500 miles, 500 miles will be used as the flight distance for calculating the Premier qualifying miles earned, based on the percentages in the chart.

Last edited by Evident; Oct 23, 2017 at 9:26 am
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Evident
Sorry for asking a question that my have been answered but it's not clear on United's website and I couldn't find it searching the forums.

If I book a unrestricted Y class ticket on a code share (NH) that's less than 500 miles, will I receive 500 miles, or would it be 150% of 500 = 750 miles?
Are you asking about redeemable miles or qualifying ones? Is your ticket issued by United (etkt starts 016)?

This page is the one that outlines earning when flying NH:
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mar...spx?ItemId=299
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: United MP 1K, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
Are you asking about redeemable miles or qualifying ones? Is your ticket issued by United (etkt starts 016)?

This page is the one that outlines earning when flying NH:
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mar...spx?ItemId=299
I was asking about PQM. Sorry that I didnt make it clear. But the link you provided has the answer for me:
8. For Premier members who travel on eligible purchased fare classes on flights with a distance of less than 500 miles, 500 miles will be used as the flight distance for calculating the Premier qualifying miles earned, based on the percentages in the chart.
Thanks!! I am desparate here! I'm so close to making 1K, with all my anticipated travel I will be at around 98-99K depending on my routes. Any attempts of closing that gap so far was going to cost me big time.

Last edited by Evident; Oct 23, 2017 at 4:53 am
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
I obviously don't know your travel patterns, but be on the lookout for SDC'c which will cost you time (If you have it) but re route you in a way to pick up extra PQM's
Evident likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Evident

Thanks!! I am desparate here! I'm so close to making 1K, with all my anticipated travel I will be at around 98-99K depending on my routes. Any attempts of closing that gap so far was going to cost me big time.
Beware that you are interpreting that language exactly correctly. I find those pages to be uniquely unclear—they are not inaccurate, but often they don't mean what I think they do at first reading.

If you find you're coming up short at the end, SDC is a good idea as suggested, and beyond that you may find inspiration (or specific assistance) here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mile...lp-needed.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.