Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase promo, Spend $X (varies) on targeted MP CC by end of year, get Y (varies) miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
"you’re now eligible to earn x,xxx bonus miles by spending $yy,yyy in purchases (not including returns) on your United MileagePlus® ZZZZ card between October 1 and December 31, 2017."

link

The bonus miles and spend target are personalized.
Some have received offers requiring a number of uses instead of a $$ spend.

Requires having an MP branded Chase credit card and if you have multiple credit cards appears only one is targeted
Print Wikipost

Chase promo, Spend $X (varies) on targeted MP CC by end of year, get Y (varies) miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:21 pm

7,500 mile bonus offer linked to chase CC

No specific details on what you need to do to get the 7,500

Register for this Cardmember-only bonus-miles promotion by December 1, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. CT.
Complete the information and click “Register.”
Then use your eligible United MileagePlus® Credit Card for all your holiday and everyday purchases between October 1 and December 31, 2017, to earn your bonus.
https://promotions.united.com/offers...ate=2017-11-03
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This is an older offer -- on registering, the personalized target spend number is provided
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:33 pm

Thanks.

I originally wasn't eligible for this offer. last month I moved all 016 ticket purchases to amex plat and now i'm eligible

Thomas, you’re now eligible to earn 7,500 bonus miles by spending $22,500 in purchases (not including returns) on your United MileagePlus® Explorer Card between October 1 and December 31, 2017.1
Not compelling
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 1MM, DL Gold - 2MM, AA Plat - 2MM
I think I win the award for the worst offer ever ...

you’re now eligible to earn 5,000 bonus miles by spending $48,500 in purchases (not including returns) on your United MileagePlus® Presidential PlusSM Card between October 1 and December 31, 2017.

NOT gonna happen.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
I got one of the best offer - 5,000 miles with $3k spending. Probably due to low or no spending YTD on this card and AF due in 2 months, I bought many UA 016 tickets with either CSR or Amex Plat. This is my 5th card year (almost 5 years) and still plan to keep it. I can give two club vouchers to my friend for NRT or HKG club entry, the other benefit I may use is for award upgrade. I once got SFO-SEA award upgrade before EVA SEA-TPE last year. I'm #1 on the list as 1k and card holder.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I got 7500 miles for $50k spend. Lulz.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA Gld; DL Plat; UA Gld;Bonvoy Titanium4Life; Hyatt Silver;
I just got an e-mail telling me that I only had til 12/1 to register...."last chance to register for this offer – don’t miss out on 7,500 bonus miles." and:
"Earn 7,500 bonus miles when you spend $47,500 between October 1 and December 31, 2017". This deal seemed so bad to me that I couldn't believe it was real, and came looking for a thread...Using JohnneeO's math, I'm near the top of bad offers - and right in the middle of the "Ain't gonna happen" crew!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FNZFUND
I just got an e-mail telling me that I only had til 12/1 to register...."last chance to register for this offer – don’t miss out on 7,500 bonus miles." and:
"Earn 7,500 bonus miles when you spend $47,500 between October 1 and December 31, 2017". This deal seemed so bad to me that I couldn't believe it was real, and came looking for a thread...Using JohnneeO's math, I'm near the top of bad offers - and right in the middle of the "Ain't gonna happen" crew!
Got the same email, slightly better deal at 10,000 miles for $45k in spend.

Uhh, United, I'm a college student... I am going to come nowhere near that. It'll take a lot more than this promo to get me to switch back to UAL cards from my CSR/Freedom Unlimited combo.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:51 pm

So does anybody know how to find out if you have reached you specific spending goal? I know that there are only a couple of days left.
I do not remember the exact date that I registered for the program. So I would like to know if I am near my goal.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 4:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wsmyth
So does anybody know how to find out if you have reached you specific spending goal? I know that there are only a couple of days left.
I do not remember the exact date that I registered for the program. So I would like to know if I am near my goal.
No place online, sometimes phone agents may have access to the appropriate data but given the multiple versions of the promo, this may not be one of those cases.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:38 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Have the bonus miles posted for anyone ? I'm certain I exceeded my required spend, and have been through my January statement cycle, but no miles yet ...
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
I received an email around the beginning of December letting me know I had made 20 of the required 30 purchases and definitely made the remaining 10 prior to the end of the promotion period. Haven't posted yet, either.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by skj
Have the bonus miles posted for anyone ? I'm certain I exceeded my required spend, and have been through my January statement cycle, but no miles yet ...
same here. The regular credit card miles posted but no bonus miles per this promo

it did say 4-6 weeks - which I would argue means 4-6 weeks from Dec 31.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:58 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by uastarflyer

same here. The regular credit card miles posted but no bonus miles per this promo

it did say 4-6 weeks - which I would argue means 4-6 weeks from Dec 31.
We got a "Spend $10000, get 5000 bonus points" offer, and the 5000 Holiday bonus points posted on Christmas Day. The statement closed on Dec 19.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Just a bump to see if anyone else has gotten their bonus miles like StartinSD has posted

my statement closed Jan 20 and I am still waiting. Mine was spend $21k get 7.5k

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.