Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2024, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Reopening Sept 13, 2022. If you login, reservations are available starting on that date. See below for the login/check access link.

menu for CLASSIFIED
{now requires login access} -- see here for Aug 2017 version

Check if you were invited:
https://classified.united.com/dining/Login
or classified.united.com/dining

Print Wikipost

New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:12 am

Good experience

I went this morning as well - business class 1k to NRT. Today is opening day apparently. While invite only, they also are only invite people with a flight certain days ahead (my invite came two days ago). Nice secluded location tucked away behind Saison. Small and bright space but nothing over the top. Yes, it had the iPads but I tend to prefer them to keep things moving. However, there is a level of service easily beyond the average spot at EWR. Staff was attentive, friendly and seemed excited. It was nice, lowkey and good to get away from the traffic of the terminal. The extra touches like a warm towel, amuse bouche (bacon wrapped caramelized banana), and chocolates were good additions. The prices all looked the same as in the terminal but with more / improved offering (average item was $12-18 for bfast items - my croque monsieur was quite good).

I guess if you're looking for bottle service and snobby servers, this isn't it. Thankfully, I just wanted a quiet, comfortable spot to sit, with some good food and friendly staff. On that front - I was pleased, and will return in the future.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Great to hear some first hand reviews. Regardless of the success or failure of this, I am impressed with UA for doing something out of the ordinary that is not the typical "enhancement" we have become so used to. It has been many, many years since UA did anything that was not simply cost cutting or reduction in MP benefits.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by blueman2
Great to hear some first hand reviews. Regardless of the success or failure of this, I am impressed with UA for doing something out of the ordinary that is not the typical "enhancement" we have become so used to. It has been many, many years since UA did anything that was not simply cost cutting or reduction in MP benefits.
Seriously ? Allowing some people to pay for meals somewhere "exclusive" is an enhancement ?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I received an invite so I will try it out next week.

I gather United is trying offer the kind of exclusive dining service that BA in its Concorde Room or Cathay in its First Class Lounge restaurant offer. But at CX and BA, the food is free if you qualify to get in.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Btoon
While invite only, they also are only invite people with a flight certain days ahead (my invite came two days ago).
UA not being clear about this is where they've gone wrong. The site is turning away people without a good explanation. A high value customer who is outside the flight window might think they're not being recognized/appreciated for their business when others are.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors, Avis Preferred
https://thepointsguy.com/2017/08/uni...sified-review/

i have a newark trip coming up. GS, no invite but I could log in. reservation system seems busted, though.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
REJECTED! And I feel vindicated, after all why would I want to enter an exclusive club that would accept me!
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Never had airport dining on par with a real restaurant, even airport McDonalds make a regular location look good.
this is what I miss most about flying delta. Their hubs are great. I have been known to book extra time at ATL to hit one flew south. PF Changs at both DTW and ATL. Ike's at MSP. Vino Volo at many terminals. No ipads.

as much as delta drove me away, I do miss their hubs when I get to EWR or now IAH. (Hopefully pappadeaux sticks around at least.

(gold, and I do seem to be in at classified. Maybe my willingness to pay for TODs has an impact? Travel booked in a few weeks, but not seeing EWR until October. )
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I've got a flight out of EWR Sunday afternoon, front cabin and 1K. No invite. Went to the web site and entered my credentials and was offered the chance to get "reviewed" for an invite. I took it, 24 hours ago, still no response. Not even the ad spam that I signed up to receive in order to get reviewed. Guess I'm not worthy.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I wonder if they are referencing/determining based on people who have in the past eaten/spent money at OTG EWR? Do the iPads still ask you to scan your BP for updates (I never have)? Aside from that I guess the only way they'd also know is by using one of the UA CCs for purchase?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
I saw this thread and was able to get through to the site. I am a 1K out of LA with no upcoming trips to EWR scheduled, although I was last there in June. I did eat at one of the ipad places last Labor Day and got air sick on the flight to LA for the first time ever.

The menu looks interesting, and I would certainly consider it on a long layover.
However, most of the times at airports, I am stressed and don't think I would want to pay a lot for a meal I wouldn't really enjoy since I would be worried about making my flight, or about the flight departing on time, etc.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Seat1A
this is what I miss most about flying delta. Their hubs are great. I have been known to book extra time at ATL to hit one flew south. PF Changs at both DTW and ATL. Ike's at MSP. Vino Volo at many terminals. No ipads.
I recall lots of iPads at the Delta gates in the G concourse at MSP.

JK-SFO
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Seat1A
this is what I miss most about flying delta. Their hubs are great. I have been known to book extra time at ATL to hit one flew south. PF Changs at both DTW and ATL. Ike's at MSP. Vino Volo at many terminals. No ipads
Originally Posted by JK-SFO
I recall lots of iPads at the Delta gates in the G concourse at MSP.
MSP is an OTG "Experience" location

http://www.otgexp.com/experiences/
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I wonder if they are referencing/determining based on people who have in the past eaten/spent money at OTG EWR? Do the iPads still ask you to scan your BP for updates (I never have)? Aside from that I guess the only way they'd also know is by using one of the UA CCs for purchase?
I'm holding a reservation and I've not once spent a dime at any OTG EWR outlet.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by djmp
I'm holding a reservation and I've not once spent a dime at any OTG EWR outlet.
They're trying to convert you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.