Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA service to Paine Field (PAE - Everett/Seattle, WA) (Suspending service 5 Oct 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by kevflyer
United has continued to evaluate and adapt its network and based on demand trends, the airline will suspend service from Denver (DEN) to Everett, Washington (PAE), effective Oct. 5, 2021. United will continue to serve the region with non-stop service to Seattle (SEA) from Denver, New York/Newark, Houston, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C. and San Francisco.
United Airlines Announces Tickets Now Available for New Daily Service Between Paine Field and Denver and San Francisco
Now offering customers six daily flights connecting Seattle-area to more than 110 destinations
United Airlines returns to Paine Field where it operated the first commercial flight in 1939

EVERETT, Wash., Nov. 26, 2018 / -- United Airlines today announced it will begin nonstop service between Paine Field/Snohomish County Airport and its hubs in Denver and San Francisco. Subject to government approval, United will operate two daily flights from Denver and four daily flights from San Francisco, beginning March 31, 2019. Tickets are now available for purchase.

"We are excited to offer our Seattle and Northwest Washington area travelers new opportunities to easily access our hubs in Denver and San Francisco," said Ankit Gupta, United's vice president of Domestic Network Planning. "With United's six daily flights from Paine Field beginning this spring, our new service will conveniently connect customers from the Northern Seattle, Snohomish and Northern King County areas to the world's largest business and leisure destinations with just one stop."

United operates up to 40 daily flights between Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and its U.S. hubs. North Seattle and Northwest Washington are among the fastest growing areas in the nation and United's new service connects Paine Field to two of the airline's largest hubs offering customers more opportunities to easily connect to hundreds of domestic destinations including California's Central Coast, Colorado, Hawaii and New York City. United's new service also offers customers more opportunities to conveniently connect to popular international destinations including Sydney, London, and Mexico City.

"We are excited about the business and travel opportunities that will come with United's service at Paine Field," said Dave Somers, Snohomish County Executive. "Snohomish County is proud to be part of this very exciting story in commercial aviation."

"United's new service at Everett will allow customers to get on a United plane in Everett and easily connect to hundreds of destinations around the world while enjoying United's world class service," said Brett Smith, Propeller Airport's CEO.
Print Wikipost

UA service to Paine Field (PAE - Everett/Seattle, WA) (Suspending service 5 Oct 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by physioprof
From downtown Seattle, is this any easier to get to than SEA?
No, definitely not. The dividing line, assuming you're driving, is somewhere around Lynnwood or Edmonds, which are quite a bit north of the city.

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Hmmm. DEN-PAE and SFO-PAE would be fascinating routes for the "grand farewell tour" of the 744...
The passenger terminal at PAE won't be open in time.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by jsloan
The passenger terminal at PAE won't be open in time.
I am sure they can borrow a pair of airstairs from Boeing
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I once flew into Charleston SC when the AS flight from SEA arrived. The Avis counter had a huge line of Boeing employees....
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
Nice addition for UA. I'm pretty excited for it. SEA is a complete zoo and would be nice to avoid, and PAE is a pretty awesome airport if you're a fan of airplanes. Next time I'm in the PNW, PAE will be on my list of options.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by minnyfly
Nice addition for UA. I'm pretty excited for it. SEA is a complete zoo and would be nice to avoid, and PAE is a pretty awesome airport if you're a fan of airplanes. Next time I'm in the PNW, PAE will be on my list of options.
Sounds like you haven't been to SEA to fly on UA since they moved out of the North Terminal years ago.

UA runs from the "A" gates now which are conveniently connected to the main terminal and a very easy walk from security. SEA also has 4 or 5 checkpoints open during most of the day and all but one has TSA Pre-Check.

SEA is anything but a zoo unless you happen to catch the one day in summer when 15 cruise ships all arrived at the same time and security lines can be long. Come in winter when the weather sucks and the airport is a breeze.

My prediction...PAE Field service doesn't last longer than 12 months if it starts at all. While I love the concept of it, I think most people will stop using it when UA cancels flights and there's absolutely no other way to fly out of PAE. Go to SEA and if UA cancels a flight you can get another flight direct to your destination usually.

-RM
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by ryman554
It's gotta be for business, but who?
Disagree -- it's for anyone living north of 145th Street or so in Seattle, all the way up to Mt. Vernon or Burlington. That is quite a catchment, leisure or business. And the reason it works is the gridlocked traffic situation to the south and Sea-Tac.

I lived north of Seattle for many years (in Edmonds -- south Snohomish County). In the 1990s it took 35 minutes flat -- very reliably -- to drive from home to the airport. By the time I evacuated last year, it could take up to two hours. I would have killed for a PAE option, or at least spent more.

Originally Posted by physioprof
From downtown Seattle, is this any easier to get to than SEA?
No, but it's not aimed at downtown customers.

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
My prediction...PAE Field service doesn't last longer than 12 months if it starts at all.
i think if it gets a fair shot it will win favor at least until mass transit improvements alleviate I-5 / Hwy 99 gridlock to and through Seattle, which will be sometime between 10 years from now and never.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Thanks to all for insights into logistics of travel from Seattle to PAE!
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kop84
The issue to me with using somewhere like PAE, is what happens if there is a mechanical or weather delay/cancellation? 3x each SFO/DEN most likely. If a mechanical knocks out one flight, there most likely won't be enough room on the remaining daily flights to re-accommodate everyone. UA and AS better have a couple of buses standing by to shuttle people down to SeaTac if need be...otherwise virtually every cancellation is going to result is a large amount of people losing an entire day at least.
That's no different than the present situation at literally dozens of spokes all over the country, and life goes on. There are something like 430 commercial airports in the USA (where the TSA screens passengers), and most of them have very few flights.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
So now that WN is in the mix, any ideas on where UA is going to fly with its 6X flights?

Southwest to join Alaska and United serving Paine Field | HeraldNet.com
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by prestonh
So now that WN is in the mix, any ideas on where UA is going to fly with its 6X flights?

Southwest to join Alaska and United serving Paine Field HeraldNet.com
I'm guessing 4x SFO and 2x DEN.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Well.... a bunch of have already flown PHX-PAE on a PMCO 757 as part of Megado 2010. It sure was exciting to arrive at PHX, after flying in simulators at the Lufthansa training facility in nearby Goodyesr, and see Flight 1905 to PAE posted on the departure board. After arriving at PAE, we received a tour of Boeing's amazing factory, the 747 Dreamlifter, and a 787 undergoing testing and certification.

Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Maybe if Newark manages to win the bidding for Amazon HQ2, there will be EWR-PAE
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
It just seems wrong to fly an Embraer into PAE ...
Not if Muilenburg gets his way...
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/05/boei...to-a-deal.html

The CS100 would be worse!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:01 pm

Everett, WA, US (PAE) airport

When does United start the service to Everett, WA, US (PAE) airport ?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ballerinajz
When does United start the service to Everett, WA, US (PAE) airport ?
I don't believe a date has been announced yet. The last I heard, there wasn't actually a date for passenger services to be available at PAE at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.