Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Boeing 767-300 Version 2 (30/184) - Polaris non-HD
30 Polaris 46 E+ 138 E-

AeroLOPA view: https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-76a

AVOID Polaris:
7A, 7L does not have a window.

Recommended E+ seats:
21DEF (middle seats) have extra legroom as an emergency crossover row. Note that 21AB and KL have limited recline.
22AB and KL have extra legroom but may be cold.
40AB, 41AB are crew-rest seats. If available (usually T-24), they have a footrest and extra recline.

Related thread
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
How is row 10? My flight must have changed from the old 2-class 763 to the new Polaris 763 within the past week. The only seats available are 9F (middle) and 10A (last row window). Any comments on relative privacy, noise in 10A given that it's last row of business, etc.?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: All the programs!
The people sitting in aisle F are going to be so jealous of their neighbors in Polaris seats.
Btw, I was #3 on the upgrade list and #1 & 2 cleared.

Old Oct 27, 2018, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by stampchez
We ended up sitting in 9A, 10A, and 10D. Definitely not the ideal plane with a child but it worked out fine. The crew was great at keeping an eye out so we could get some sleep. Not sure if it would have been possible with a child any younger or one that will not sit still at takeoff and landing.

9A was amazingly private with good windows. The 767 would be absolutely perfect for a solo traveler in Polaris.
My flight from EWR to TXL tonight has just been swapped to a 763 v3. A quick review of FT and a check of the seat map on the app convinced me to move to 9A. Very keen to try out the new seat given that the usual bird for this route (which I fly pretty much every month) is a 764 which will never get the Polaris seat.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LondonElite
My flight from EWR to TXL tonight has just been swapped to a 763 v3. A quick review of FT and a check of the seat map on the app convinced me to move to 9A. Very keen to try out the new seat given that the usual bird for this route (which I fly pretty much every month) is a 764 which will never get the Polaris seat.
What a significant improvement over the previous seat. The new Polaris seats are very private, and still allow for easy aisle access. I'm not sure if the seat is wider, but it is certainly longer and roomier, especially as you can lower the armrest to be almost flush with the seat in bed configuration. The shape of the footwell is a bit odd, so that, if you prefer to sleep on your left, you should choose an A seat, and if you prefer to sleep on your right, you'd be better off with an L seat. This is because you can't really pull up your knees in both directions. 9A was great, but I would choose any of 3A or 5A next time, as these give you two full windows, and don't have you facing the aisle.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
My AMS-ORD was just swapped with a new 767-300 v3 but no seats are open except row 10. I have row 2 in the center. Is it worth it to switch to a window seat in row 10? That's the only thing available.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
My AMS-ORD was just swapped with a new 767-300 v3 but no seats are open except row 10. I have row 2 in the center. Is it worth it to switch to a window seat in row 10? That's the only thing available.
I hated my last trip in row 10 because of increased engine noise and vibration relative to seats towards the front of the cabin. I would take row 2 in the middle every time.

Last edited by nigos; Nov 4, 2018 at 2:00 pm Reason: auto speller check selected wrong word "overtime" versus "every time"
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by nigos
I hated my last trip in row 10 because of increased engine noise and vibration relative to seats towards the front of the cabin. I would take row 2 in the middle every time.
Thanks. Do they block out 1L for check in? Trying to hope someone doesn't show up, or someone moves flights. Would be nice to have a window, but the upgrade to Polaris was nice enough. There are so many details to Polaris and I do not fly *A, let alone UA ever. This was an off chance Aeroplan award last minute. What are you suppose to "know" to request upon boarding? gel pillow? Mattress pad? Mid-flight snacks? (being a day flight from Europe). Continental use to have menus for your route on their website but can't seem to find any for mine. I was going to bring my own slippers and PJ's.

There's so many threads/blogs/webpages about Polaris/Not really Polaris, I can't seem to find the information of what I need to know.

The only thing I have been able to understand is to head straight for the Polaris Lounge upon arrival in ORD for my connection to LAX.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Row 10 will have one window and is angled to the side. Probably quieter than row 2 middle.

Originally Posted by nigos
I was in 9A last week and can honestly tell you that there no appreciable noise difference to six or seven seats up in the cabin.

Thanks. Do they block out 1L for check in? Trying to hope someone doesn't show up, or someone moves flights. Would be nice to have a window, but the upgrade to Polaris was nice enough. There are so many details to Polaris and I do not fly *A, let alone UA ever. This was an off chance Aeroplan award last minute. What are you suppose to "know" to request upon boarding? gel pillow? Mattress pad? Mid-flight snacks? (being a day flight from Europe). Continental use to have menus for your route on their website but can't seem to find any for mine. I was going to bring my own slippers and PJ's.

There's so many threads/blogs/webpages about Polaris/Not really Polaris, I can't seem to find the information of what I need to know.

The only thing I have been able to understand is to head straight for the Polaris Lounge upon arrival in ORD for my connection to LAX.
There is nothing to know. There is no mattress pad, the gel pillow is just a pillow, the mid-flight snacks are just snacks, It's just a regular business class flight with some marketing hype.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 4, 2018 at 7:36 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:51 pm

No mattress pad? thats a let down. I KNOW you have to request the slippers though, and do the secret handshake to get the gel pillow, so come on.

If a even number window seat does open, is it worth it over a center seat?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 5, 2018 at 9:33 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:39 am
Suspended

No mattress pad? thats a let down. I KNOW you have to request the slippers though, and do the secret handshake to get the gel pillow, so come on.
It's not so much a pad as a thick blanket to put on top of the seat. The gel pillow does not keep you head cool, or whatever they claim. It's just a thin, hard pillow. I have a few at home that UA gave me at some promotional event in San Francisco a few months ago.

This is 9A. See the 'pad' and gel pillow.

If a even number window seat does open, is it worth it over a center seat?
I think so, but I would go for an odd-numbered seat for greater privacy and more windows.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
It's not so much a pad as a thick blanket to put on top of the seat. The gel pillow does not keep you head cool, or whatever they claim. It's just a thin, hard pillow. I have a few at home that UA gave me at some promotional event in San Francisco a few months ago.

This is 9A. See the 'pad' and gel pillow.

I think so, but I would go for an odd-numbered seat for greater privacy and more windows.
i would too tell some people to cancel their flight.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
There is a mattress pad. You have to request it.

Where are you getting your info? Slippers and gel pillow are provided at every seat.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
There is a mattress pad. You have to request it.

Where are you getting your info? Slippers and gel pillow are provided at every seat.
I just got off the plane, there were no slippers I assure you. You had to ask There are gel pillows though.

I also want to report that the seats are actually all fairly pretty good. I wasn’t disappointed with my 2F seat. However I’m sure an odd row window would have been better from a view perspective. But a comfort perspective it was fine.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
The center row of odd seats are labeled "F" 1F 3F 5F and so on the even seats are labeled "D" 2D 4D 6D and so on. Also looks like 22DEF has loads of legroom (No 21DEF) FA crew rest moves to the back of the plane 40AB 41AB.
Originally Posted by warreng24
For couples, I would pick 21DE. Note that 21DE is the very last row of E+ in the center section. The row numbers don't align all the away across the aircraft. 22AB and 22KL are the last rows of E+ on the left and right sides.

The reason I pick 21DE is that:
1) You get the best legroom of E+ due to the alignment of the exit rows. There's got to be at least 48" of pitch in this row.
2) Full recline.
3) The tray tables is in the arm rest, EXCEPT for 21DE. 21D's non-movable arm rest is on the left side where as 21E's non-movable arm rest is on the right side. So in between is a movable (normal) armrest.
Is the good middle (DEF) exit row 21 or 22?

Seatguru shows no row 21 in the middle, jumps from 20 to 22, with 22 being good.
United shows a 21 as existing, and 22 as E-.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 6:22 am

We were originally in seats 4 K and L on the Version 2 config of the 767-300. Flight is tomorrow and I've Been checking for a while and those seats were still confirmed. Today I checked in online, and we were assigned 10 A and D. They definitely changed us to the Version 3.

I hate being in the row right before economy because of the restroom traffic, and I'm not pleased that UA switched equipment without alerting us and without giving us a choice of a different row. Like I said, my seats consistently showed 4K and 4L right up till checking in, then they switcheroo'ed us.

anyway, anyone with experience in row 10?
thanks !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.