Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fare Class and Price Not Being Honored

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Also, United has consistently told me that upgrades cannot be processed until a ticket is issued. So how was IAH-LIM upgraded without a valid ticket behind it? The website, for all its warts, won't allow you to "upgrade reservation" until a ticket is issued.
It will. When UA updated the website, it added functionality that allows you to reserve straight into R prior to ticketing. This can be done by using the "search for upgrade" function.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Is the OP referring to the email from United saying "Your purchase is being processed"? Or did the OP get an actual email with a ticket number?

If you only got the "your purchase is being processed" email then you don't have much of a leg to stand on. if you have the email showing all four segments in "W" class with an e-ticket number starting with 016 on the email then you absolutely have a case and the DOT will be on your side.

Also, United has consistently told me that upgrades cannot be processed until a ticket is issued. So how was IAH-LIM upgraded without a valid ticket behind it? The website, for all its warts, won't allow you to "upgrade reservation" until a ticket is issued.

Given the above, I think the OP could have a valid case against United.

-RM
I never got the "ticketed" 016 email, only the "processing" email. This is why I called United after several hours. But I did get an "your upgrade has been confirmed" email for the IAH-LIM segment.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
It will. When UA updated the website, it added functionality that allows you to reserve straight into R prior to ticketing. This can be done by using the "search for upgrade" function.
Correct.

Never head of an error like the OP had, though. Odd...
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Correct.

Never head of an error like the OP had, though. Odd...
It is still happening.... searching for a GPU eligible fare (W or above), returns the correct price in the middle column of the fare grid (upgrade-eligible economy fare), but upon selecting both segments show the price of the lowest current economy fares available (but shows as booking into W).

Last edited by FLLUAFlyer; Jun 28, 2017 at 9:35 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:57 am

UA ticketing seems to have a wide range of problems lately related to Upgrade or Award booking. I have reported a different one lately.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Originally Posted by FLLUAFlyer
It is still happening.... searching for a GPU eligible fare (W or above), returns the correct price in the middle column of the fare grid (upgrade-eligible economy fare), but upon selecting both segments show the price of the lowest current economy fares available (but shows as booking into W).
I'd be interested to see screenshots as long as you can keep your your own details private.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by ermintrude
I'd be interested to see screenshots as long as you can keep your your own details private.
I can reproduce.. the system seems to get very confused. Shows options in W/W/W/W, and then re-validates with a K fare on the return (and K pricing) but shows a W booking code. I did not hit "purchase" but I assume I would be in a similar situation as OP.

Just do the LIM-SFO r/t search with "GPU" as the search type.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Originally Posted by findark
I can reproduce.. the system seems to get very confused. Shows options in W/W/W/W, and then re-validates with a K fare on the return (and K pricing) but shows a W booking code. I did not hit "purchase" but I assume I would be in a similar situation as OP.

Just do the LIM-SFO r/t search with "GPU" as the search type.
Thanks; I just reproduced - strange error.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Sent email to 1K voice about this (the day after it happened), including screenshots, emails, etc. Just got a reply back this morning saying they were going to honor the original $830.20 fare (and forward this incident information to their "Web Product" team).
Old Jun 30, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by FLLUAFlyer
Sent email to 1K voice about this (the day after it happened), including screenshots, emails, etc. Just got a reply back this morning saying they were going to honor the original $830.20 fare (and forward this incident information to their "Web Product" team).
^. Wow, I'm actually pleasantly surprised by United's response. Thanks for posting back with the update.

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.