Wiki Posts
Search

Which Points to Transfer to United & How

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Which Points to Transfer to United & How

Hi all,

I've been struggling to book a reward flight for my husband and I connecting NYC> TOKYO...overland...OSAKA>Kauai>NYC. While I'm not new to points, I've only ever done simple redemptions and not multiple stop, multiple destinations. Its making my brain hurt.

I found an itinerary on UA which seems to fit the bill, basically LGA>NRT>OGG>EWR (basically omitting the Osaka leg, but I can just circle back to Tokyo, so thats not the end of the world). The first leg is United, and second two are Hawaiian Airlines. For 2 of us, that itinerary would be 165,000 miles + $102.00.

My problem? I don't actually have any United miles. I have about 150k in Chase UR, 450k in AA miles, and 750k in Amex Travel points. Whats the best/ most economical way that I can convert some of these other points to book this itinerary? I'm totally confused.

Thanks in advance,
Kelly
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:10 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
kkfernweh, welcome to FlyerTalk!

I noted that you've cross-posted this to the Information Desk forum here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...awaii-nyc.html

As FlyerTalk disallows cross-posting and that is the better forum for the thread, as you do not have United miles, but could construct the trip using carriers which honor your other rewards/airline miles or points, I'll close this thread and invite discussion to continue in the Information Desk thread.
Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.