FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1850450-best-g-iad-lounge-ua-flyers.html)

LaziestRaccoon Oct 3, 2022 2:30 pm

I can see in some pics that TK lounge now is equipped with three local beer taps! I am not sure if those are complementary or for purchase!? I am visiting there in a month so curious!

halls120 Oct 3, 2022 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer (Post 34591762)
Below is the current condition of IAD United Club @D8. I know it is not entirely United’s fault that we are in the 4th decade of the “temporary” C/D concourses, but United should at least maintain it at a presentable state.

Sorry, but that excuse no longer hunts. Unless MWAA funded the Concourse B project on their own, without any contribution from the airlines that use it, they all must have chipped in. If UA really valued IAD, a new C/D terminal would have been built by now.

dcsnowwake Oct 3, 2022 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by chrisny2 (Post 34597292)
Does anyone recall what the Turkish Airlines lounge is serving at breakfast time? (or for that matter, the nearby priority pass lounges?) I'm wondering if it's worth a detour to concourse A/B.

thanks!

They do not have alot for bfast, but they do have better liquor.

fwfdan Oct 3, 2022 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by LaziestRaccoon (Post 34651857)
I can see in some pics that TK lounge now is equipped with three local beer taps! I am not sure if those are complementary or for purchase!? I am visiting there in a month so curious!

I haven't been to the Turkish lounge in quite a while but everything was complimentary when I was there last.

whlinder Oct 4, 2022 1:54 am

Originally Posted by LaziestRaccoon (Post 34651857)

yes they have local beer on tap including Lost Rhino and yes it is complimentary. All drinks in TK lounge are.

Cthunder86 Oct 4, 2022 10:10 am

I have an 11:30am until 5pm layover coming up. Flight leaves on a domestic first that connects to a Polaris business class ticket at my next destination. I believe I’ll be allowed into LH lounge as well?

I figured it would make the time go by faster if I lounge hopped

Kmxu Oct 4, 2022 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Cthunder86 (Post 34653963)
I have an 11:30am until 5pm layover coming up. Flight leaves on a domestic first that connects to a Polaris business class ticket at my next destination. I believe I’ll be allowed into LH lounge as well?

I figured it would make the time go by faster if I lounge hopped

Lounge hopping is allowed. But you will go to LH Business (lower level) if you do not have *A Gold status. I would rather spend a good chunk of time at Polaris lounge at IAD.

tarheelnj Nov 7, 2022 1:24 pm

Later this month, connecting in IAD from UA to LH to FRA in F with about a 5-hour layover.

Is the Senator Lounge planning to open soon? If not, would you choose the Polaris Lounge or LH Business Lounge (or Polaris initially then the LH Lounge)?

I've seen airports with no LH F lounge with a roped off F section, and anyone in that section would be walked to the plane. Is that still the case in the LH Business Lounge?

fumje Nov 7, 2022 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by tarheelnj (Post 34740153)
Later this month, connecting in IAD from UA to LH to FRA in F with about a 5-hour layover.

Is the Senator Lounge planning to open soon? If not, would you choose the Polaris Lounge or LH Business Lounge (or Polaris initially then the LH Lounge)?

I've seen airports with no LH F lounge with a roped off F section, and anyone in that section would be walked to the plane. Is that still the case in the LH Business Lounge?

SEN lounge is open, but the F offering is just roped off section there (rather than in the J lounge, which is moderately less nice).

I would spend most time at Polaris, then perhaps just twenty minutes before flight go to LH.

tarheelnj Nov 7, 2022 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by fumje (Post 34740164)
SEN lounge is open....

Thanks for confirming. Did it reopen recently?

UA needs to update its Web site and app - still showing the SEN lounge as Closed.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6cbece4c5e.jpg

Also, LH and *A Websites both show Senator Lounge as closed.

fumje Nov 7, 2022 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by tarheelnj (Post 34740289)
Thanks for confirming. Did it reopen recently?

UA needs to update its Web site and app - still showing the SEN lounge as Closed.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6cbece4c5e.jpg

Also, LH and *A Websites both show Senator Lounge as closed.

No it has been open for well over a year. I see LH website shows only J lounge open and says nothing about SEN, but that is inaccurate. I think they simply aren't distinguishing the upstairs (SEN) lounge and the downstairs (J) lounge.

cfischer Nov 7, 2022 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by tarheelnj (Post 34740153)

Polaris lounge wins in any scenario. Even pre-Covid the F offering at IAD was weak.

Eneka Nov 24, 2022 1:42 pm

TK lounge was super packed today at 3:30pm. LH lounge was much much quieter. Tried that pretzel but man was it salty…

LaziestRaccoon Jan 12, 2023 6:02 am

I am now trying to book my ticket that can be any star alliance or United from IAD to Europe. I know they are located in different terminals. I would like to decide based on the lounge experience I can get lol. Would you prefer TK or LH to United Club? I have been to both TK and LH lounges and both were quite good.

FriendlySkies Jan 12, 2023 8:05 am

Food wise, TK is better than LH (IMHO). I like the sort of quiet space they have in the back area as well, though the lounge can be busy depending on how many pax are using PP to access it.

In terms of the UA lounges, they are ok, though are definitely packed around the TATL departure bank. When I flew to VIE in December, they had a local chef providing plates of pork loin which was quite good. But that’s definitely an outlier and I wouldn’t plan on it everyday.