FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1850450-best-g-iad-lounge-ua-flyers.html)

Kmxu Mar 13, 2024 11:38 am

Originally Posted by dshafiee (Post 36077009)
Assuming TK or LH is closest to United's A gates?

TK is closer to UA's A gates than LH, which is less than 10 min walk. Adding one or two minutes to LH lounge. Just keep walking. Both are located on right hand side if walking from A gates.

dshafiee Mar 13, 2024 12:18 pm

Z gates

What is the closer to the Z gates?

Kmxu Mar 13, 2024 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by dshafiee (Post 36077214)

You will have take Air Train to Concourse B station from the Terminal station. LH is closer to the B station than TK. As mentioned earlier, it is 2 min walk between LH and TK lounges.

whlinder Mar 13, 2024 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by dshafiee (Post 36077214)

Originally Posted by Kmxu (Post 36077274)
You will have take Air Train to Concourse B station from the Terminal station. LH is closer to the B station than TK. As mentioned earlier, it is 2 min walk between LH and TK lounges.

I personally think it's faster to take the underground tunnel to B and walk to TK/LH than wait for the train after clearing security. With the location of the Z gates think it is definitely faster. TK is closer to the underground tunnel by that whole 2 mins (or less).

Say Vandelay Mar 13, 2024 3:17 pm

Just went to TK (finally!) before an A gate UAX flight. Very close to the tunnel walkway. About 10 min to go up and over to low A gates. Check-in agent was a little confused with my virtual UC membership card but let me in. Said to bring my “Star gold card next time” (I’m silver). Food was as described many times here. As mentioned there was a bit of a wait in the PM for the bathroom (3 singles). There’s a nice kind of hidden upstairs area too.

st530 Mar 13, 2024 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay (Post 36077720)
Just went to TK (finally!) before an A gate UAX flight. Very close to the tunnel walkway. About 10 min to go up and over to low A gates. Check-in agent was a little confused with my virtual UC membership card but let me in. Said to bring my “Star gold card next time” (I’m silver). Food was as described many times here. As mentioned there was a bit of a wait in the PM for the bathroom (3 singles). There’s a nice kind of hidden upstairs area too.

Can you elaborate on the hidden upstairs area? Never noticed that before.

tstauck Mar 13, 2024 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by st530 (Post 36077765)
Can you elaborate on the hidden upstairs area? Never noticed that before.

Right when you walk in, there are stairs there that you really don't notice. Upstairs is a small area with a table for eating and some couches. Definitely more quiet up there!

Here's a picture :

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...920c269e8c.jpg

lsquare Mar 14, 2024 4:06 am

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay (Post 36077720)

What did the TK agent did to let you in with your virtual UC card?

At IAD, with a UC membership and flying in economy, which lounge have showers besides TK?

Say Vandelay Mar 14, 2024 6:52 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 36079018)
What did the TK agent did to let you in with your virtual UC card?

She scanned it after she scanned my boarding pass.

It was weird handing my phone to someone (twice). I guess I am just used to self scanner at UC/TSA and self entry gates newer UCs.

drewguy Mar 14, 2024 7:11 am

Originally Posted by tstauck (Post 36077992)
Right when you walk in, there are stairs there that you really don't notice. Upstairs is a small area with a table for eating and some couches. Definitely more quiet up there!

Do they have separate food service up there, or do you need to carry a plate up? (I've seen the stairs, just never bothered to climb them.)

whlinder Mar 14, 2024 7:20 am

Originally Posted by drewguy (Post 36079373)
Do they have separate food service up there, or do you need to carry a plate up? (I've seen the stairs, just never bothered to climb them.)

Me either and can't count how many times I've been in the TK lounge. I can't even recall seeing it when the stairs are not roped off.

Artpen100 Mar 14, 2024 7:43 am

Originally Posted by drewguy (Post 36079373)

No services upstairs. Unfortunately, when the lounge is crowded, the small upstairs area often is, too. If you walk down the little corridor to the bar and look up, you can see if anyone is in there.

Kmxu Mar 14, 2024 7:54 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 36079018)

At IAD, with a UC membership and flying in economy, which lounge have showers besides TK?

TK's neighbor, LH lounge, has showers in the lower level. I used it pre-pandemic.