Wiki Posts
Search

Air Micronesia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA CX DL KE OZ*G PR QF QR; SPG IHG MR HH
Air Micronesia

I just booked plane tickets from MNL to GUM, and during the booking and in the reservations, it always shows "Operated By United Airlines for Air Micronesia". What are the implications of this? Am I entitled to *A gold benefits on this flight or can I earn *A partner miles with this flight? Flight number still says UA, so it is odd to me why the website always has this note on this flight while the other MNL-GUM flight does not.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Wuxia
I just booked plane tickets from MNL to GUM, and during the booking and in the reservations, it always shows "Operated By United Airlines for Air Micronesia". What are the implications of this? Am I entitled to *A gold benefits on this flight or can I earn *A partner miles with this flight? Flight number still says UA, so it is odd to me why the website always has this note on this flight while the other MNL-GUM flight does not.
Air Micronesia was a division of Continental. It has been folded in and operates under the same perating certificate that UA operates under. You will effectively be flying on United and you will get all of your *A miles & benefits.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:54 pm

Wasn't Continental Micronesia supposed to have completely gone away this past April?

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...-april-435474/
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by sincx
Wasn't Continental Micronesia supposed to have completely gone away this past April?

Probably. But don't tell Continental.

David
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by sincx

From the link "Flight attendants at the subsidiary can begin negotiations to join the joint collective bargaining agreement that former United and former Continental cabin crew ratified in August 2016,"

I recently flew the Island Hopper GUM-TKK-PNI-KSA-KWA-MAJ-HNL. What surprised me was the flight attendants stayed on the plane the entire way. I assumed their Flight rules would break up the 15.5 hours journey.

When I asked the FA about this, he mentioned that their agreement is being renegotiated later this year. It appears that the current Air Micronesia contract allows for such long duty times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.