Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Considering 737 Max 10 and A321neo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Considering 737 Max 10 and A321neo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
Are they thinking about putting lie-flats in some of these in first in order to replace some of the existing 757-200 a/c?
Yes, whether UA goes max10 or A321neo, they are looking for a replacement in the 752 TransAt runs out of EWR and maybe ORD.

The aircraft would will have lie flat seats up front and be used exclusively on TransAt. The only possible domestic runs are PS.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by WR Cage
Yes, whether UA goes max10 or A321neo, they are looking for a replacement in the 752 TransAt runs out of EWR and maybe ORD.

The aircraft would will have lie flat seats up front and be used exclusively on TransAt. The only possible domestic runs are PS.
What's your source on that? The Tatl 757s will be the last 757s to leave the fleet. If we do order the A321 or 737 MAX 10 they would be used on transcons first before being put on TATL.

Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Ahh yes, forgot the brakes! I also find the pumps for the cargo door extremely loud.

As a passenger, I'd still prefer the Boeing. The PTU noise is the tip of the iceberg. Something reassuring about a plane with full mechanical controls available. There's plenty to like about the a320 I guess, but there's a feeling of comfort and trust I have for the 737.

Of course if I had to pick my favorite narrowbody of all time, it's the 757, hands down. No question.
Love the 757 its my favorite to work. Doing LHR 5 days all month long 757 all trips.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 11, 2017 at 12:34 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member -- please use multi-quote
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Love the 757 its my favorite to work. Doing LHR 5 days all month long 757 all trips.
do you mind sharing a little more from an FA perspective as to what makes one plane better to work than others? FA/pax ratio, galleys, crew rest areas? i'm sure i'm missing some obvious ones....
Old Jun 10, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
What's your source on that? The Tatl 757s will be the last 757s to leave the fleet. If we do order the A321 or 737 MAX 10 they would be used on transcons first before being put on TATL.
I can't remember a definitive source, so it was prolly a Flight Global article.

I seem to remember the 321/max10 decision was also potentially influenced by the Boeing MoM paper airplane.

Actually I would be delighted if UA kept the 763 flying and upguaged the TATL 752 flying. aC is planning to keep both the rouge and mainline 763s for a longtime. The mainline 763 are useful for providing a lie flat J product with cnx at YYZ. UA could do the same into EWR and/or ORD.

The US 3 are big enough that I think they should keep both A and B in their narrowbody fleets. Competition is always healthy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.