Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asia-PAC transfer.

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Asia-PAC transfer.

Ft heros-help me decide.

Xxx-yyy-Asia-KUL (destination)

77w through HKG (longer conx, dragonair on last leg)
747 or 777 (with f and ON on paid j tix) through NRT, TPE, PEK etc.

Thoughts?

(I've never had a destination that ua hasn't serviced like KUL!)
Old May 3, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Rule out PEK for connections first - general rule that's going to create the most potential headaches.

And unless you're flying business, rule out the 77W flight through HKG - you'll be more comfortable on either a 747 or 777 in Y. (edits - I see this isn't relevant - you're in premium cabin).

I'm assuming you're philly based, but what about EWR-HKG-KUL?
Old May 3, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by drewguy
Rule out PEK for connections first - general rule that's going to create the most potential headaches.

And unless you're flying business, rule out the 77W flight through HKG - you'll be more comfortable on either a 747 or 777 in Y. (edits - I see this isn't relevant - you're in premium cabin).

I'm assuming you're philly based, but what about EWR-HKG-KUL?
The return flight is relatively shorter; you can try KUL-HKG-SFO-PHL to experience the Polaris seat on 77W.
Old May 3, 2017, 3:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Xxx-yyy-Asia-KUL (destination)

77w through HKG (longer conx, dragonair on last leg)
747 or 777 (with f and ON on paid j tix) through NRT, TPE, PEK etc.

Thoughts?
The NH connection at NRT looks pretty good. How would you route from TPE?
I don't see a *A connection that works same day. Love the CX lounges at HKG, but KA regional J seat is not very comfortable, especially at the end of a long travel day. So between those three, NRT probably gets my vote (so long as it's not Air Japan on a 767).

Also, are you interested in a final flight in the nose of a 744? Many are altering their routings for a final 744 experience.

Originally Posted by drewguy
what about EWR-HKG-KUL?
Because that's inferior to F on 3-class and 77W J?

But totally agree on skipping PEK.
Old May 4, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: Milage Plus 1K 1.3MM, Marriot LT Platinum
Moin!

I found it odd that they don't serve this via SIN as there are plenty short (40 minutes) flights between SIN and KUL. I did use that route and booked an additional Singapore airlines roundtrip - checking bags through wasn't a problem despite the fact that I spend an overnight at the Changi transit hotel on the way to SFO.

So long
-Ralf
Old May 19, 2017, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
OP here.

Just to report back.

Ended up xxx-iad-nrt-Kul.

ANA on iad-nrt leg on a 77w using a United Mileage upgrade to get F!!! What a ride!!! 14 hours of pleasure.

Easy transfer at NRT.

ANA 787 nrt-Kul was, as many have stated, subpar!

Thanks for all of the hints and I can't wait for next trip to try and score ANA F again!!!!^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.