Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Equipment change MXP-EWR...good, bad or indifferent?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold, SW A-List

Flying back from Italy with my wife in a couple of weeks and we were originally supposed to be on a 777-200 in Polaris Business but now we are on a 767-400 in Polaris Business.

Figure that maybe the 777 is being pulled out to have new seats put in?? I don't travel internationally too much....is this equipment change a good thing or it really doesn't matter.

Just curious.....

Thanks!

Steve
Old May 1, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Del Mar 1K
Flying back from Italy with my wife in a couple of weeks and we were originally supposed to be on a 777-200 in Polaris Business but now we are on a 767-400 in Polaris Business.

Figure that maybe the 777 is being pulled out to have new seats put in?? I don't travel internationally too much....is this equipment change a good thing or it really doesn't matter.

Just curious.....

Thanks!

Steve
If you are traveling in J, I would rank in order sCO 772, sCO 764, and sUA 772. I prefer the sCO 772 because you can get middle-aisle seats. The 764 is next, just as the seats are more spacious than the sUA 772 (which has the 2-4-2 seating).

I think sCO 772s are usually on this route, so you probably were downgraded (slightly, IMO). It's really a case of YMMV, though. I also don't like the lavs at the back of the 764 J cabin, as people from Y+ tend to just sneak in and use them since they are close by.
Old May 1, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Shouldn't be a big difference as long as the equipment change didn't cause an oversale.

(There's also a slight negative change in the lavatory-to-pax ratio -- the 764 is 39 J pax/2 lavs versus 50 J pax/3 lavs in the sCO 772. Whether or not this poses any kind of problem depends on the choices that you and your fellow pax make during the flight plus how often the FAs run a drink service.)
Old May 1, 2017, 10:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
For a couple on a daytime flight it's not a big difference.
Old May 5, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Not a huge deal but I much prefer row 1 in the 772 as compared to the 764 because the lavs on the 764 are behind row 8 whereas in the 772 there is a lav up front across from 1D.
Old May 5, 2017, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am a fan of rear facing seats which I don't think are on the 767s.
Old May 5, 2017, 4:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TomMM
I am a fan of rear facing seats which I don't think are on the 767s.
Just the 3-class 763s. Still a dozen or so but being converted.
Old May 5, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Just the 3-class 763s. Still a dozen or so but being converted.
Will believe it when I see it. I think the Zodiac delays are causing problems with retrofit schedules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.