Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Actions Speak Louder than Words - Oscar Munoz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Actions Speak Louder than Words - Oscar Munoz

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Though the cancellation of UA890 (PVG-SFO; midnight departure) on December 4 has not been on the news, the handling of recovery was terrible. The flight was cancelled after 4 hrs on plane. It took two hours from the plane to carousel and another two hours to get to hotel, which was 40 miles away from the airport. There was nobody in charge and the coordination with airport authority was very poor. The choice of hotel for all passengers including GS, 1K and Polaris business was very questionable because there were many nearby hotels at PVG. Once the ticket was changed, UA agent did not print out new boarding passes, which means that you can not go to airside. The remaining choice was either go to hotel or wait for another 6 hours in the check-in hallway before check-in for my flight was open. Another insulting part was the low amount compensation for such an ordeal ($200 or 10000 miles for 1K in economy, guess half of the amount for non status pax).

Last edited by Kmxu; Dec 7, 2017 at 7:33 am Reason: Waiting for 4 hr on plane before cancellation
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Oscar, Oscar, Oscar ...

firstcoastnews.com | United Airlines CEO's home is among 4 receiving warnings from state for removing sand from beach
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Saw that in the local news. Waiting to see what the real story is.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TomMM
Saw that in the local news. Waiting to see what the real story is.
The "real story" appears to be he is illegally taking sand from the beach to create artificial dunes in front of his McMansion. I don't think the State of Florida will be satisfied with a simple "denada" for this one, although it's certainly not on the same scale as, say, bribing politicians with special flights.
artvandalay likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: 1MM, UA 1k
This scores high on the “who really cares?” Scale
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Closer to the tipping point when the board ousts him and then Kirby gets all the power?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wco81
Closer to the tipping point when the board ousts him and then Kirby gets all the power?
I think that would be a disaster.
DCP2016 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:58 pm

Scary to think that the Board would want Kirby - it would be Smisek act 2
DCP2016 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Imstevek
This scores high on the “who really cares?” Scale
Disagree. Yet another black eye for UA
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by porciuscato
100%....,not that the likes of BA have not slid. Fareed Zakari did a piece with a little more data a few months back highlighting the same points.
I wasn't always an American, one thing that continues to puzzle me as I watch shoddy service or quality of food in restaurants get punished
Issues with hotels rooms argued at the front desk is the crap that Americans put up with when you put them on plane
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: 1MM, UA 1k
Originally Posted by malgudi
Disagree. Yet another black eye for UA
disagree. It gives anti-UA and/or anti-Munoz folks an easy, yet irrational vehicle to pile on.
iluv2fly and LASUA1K like this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
The "real story" appears to be he is illegally taking sand from the beach to create artificial dunes in front of his McMansion. I don't think the State of Florida will be satisfied with a simple "denada" for this one, although it's certainly not on the same scale as, say, bribing politicians with special flights.
Needless to say, from now on they will import their sand. End of story. Move along.
iluv2fly and Imstevek like this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tryathlete

Needless to say, from now on they will import their sand. End of story. Move along.
Denada.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by topman
Scary to think that the Board would want Kirby - it would be Smisek act 2
That is an insult to Smisek
DCP2016 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
Only if they're 98% there and just looking to pick the time.

Sand from the beach is nothing. Survey 100 people with waterfront residences in Florida, upstate NY, or Michigan, and you'll find 25 people who admit to violating DEQ regulations and another 25 people who are lying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.