Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boutique Air now bookable on United.com

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Please don't hold me to this... but I *think* the partnership is only on paid tickets.

Last edited by jhayes_1780; Aug 13, 2019 at 1:46 pm
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...tique-air.html at least implies you can use UA MP miles on Boutique Air, although it doesn't explicitly say so.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, BA
Accrual for Boutique flights

Originally Posted by mduell
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...tique-air.html at least implies you can use UA MP miles on Boutique Air, although it doesn't explicitly say so.
Fare classes A, B, D, G, H, K, N, V, W and Y are eligible for accrual.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stopdiabetes
Fare classes A, B, D, G, H, K, N, V, W and Y are eligible for accrual.
But we're talking about @Yannick Concordel's question about redemptions.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by mduell
I would agree, "using miles" is a clear implication that it should be possible (opening up space is an entirely different issue).

FWIW, I was looking at their flights and they don't seem to even show the presence of award buckets.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:35 pm

My dream to be on the Pilatus one more time. Will have to work harder on that one. This thread is a great start.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
My dream to be on the Pilatus one more time.
Had to look that up, as I immediately thought of the PC6 and figured: NO WAY! I see they're PC-12....makes more sense now!
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Yannick Concordel
Anyone have any luck booking award tickets through UA on Boutique? Trying to fly into TEX but there seems to be no availability. Called in to try and book but the agent told me the same thing.
Going in for the film festival?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
My dream to be on the Pilatus one more time.
There are only two seats I'd like to be in on a PC-12, and I don't think United sells those.
EWAarghhh and narvik like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:02 am

The MP website explicitly says that "You can book award travel on Boutique Air through united.com" but even looking into 2020 and using the calendar I'm unable to see a single award seat on any 4B flight, whether alone or in conjunction with mainline UA. Revenue fares pop up just fine even for itineraries without any UA.

...but I'm delighted to see that I can waste an extra $100 and most of a day flying DEN-CEZ-PHX here in a couple months. I'm totally doing it.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Going in for the film festival?
Wedding actually.
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K & Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Yannick Concordel
Anyone have any luck booking award tickets through UA on Boutique? Trying to fly into TEX but there seems to be no availability. Called in to try and book but the agent told me the same thing.
same experience here. went with MTJ.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by heikki
same experience here. went with MTJ.
not certain but am guessing the contract is "at risk" -- SkyWest flew some routes under this operating framework historically, and much to my chagrin those particular flights were not available for awards as the capacity was not strictly controlled by United.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
not certain but am guessing the contract is "at risk" -- SkyWest flew some routes under this operating framework historically, and much to my chagrin those particular flights were not available for awards as the capacity was not strictly controlled by United.
This is slightly different, actually.

SkyWest (OO) "at-risk" flights are supposed to be covered under the United last-seat award guarantee, because the flight is marketed as "OO dba United Express." (Also, I don't believe you can buy the flight under an OO code). I agree that there have been issues booking them on the website, but an agent should have been able to force them through.

However, Boutique (4B) is a different story. You can buy these flights under the 4B code, and, critically, 4B is not United Express. If you look at the search results, you'll see "Operated by 4B," not "Operated by 4B dba United Express." Here's a search result that indicates the difference:

Includes Travel Operated By Gojet Airlines Dba United Express , Boutique Air
Thus, 4B is merely a codeshare partner. Its inventory is not covered under the last-seat award guarantee, and any award seats that they make available would be strictly under the terms of a MileagePlus agreement between UA and 4B, like any other partner (e.g., Hawaiian). If 4B hasn't released any seats, there's nothing UA can do but ask.
narvik and aCavalierInCoach like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, Marriott Lifetime Ti
Pilatus Planes

For those interested in Pilatus Planes and classical music, check out the movie Vitus. It is a charming Swiss film that features a Pilatus PC-6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.