Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

how can we get back at United? After forcibly pulling guy off plane and bloodying him

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how can we get back at United? After forcibly pulling guy off plane and bloodying him

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Anybody have any ideas? To hurt you United and Oscar Munoz where it hurts (their pocketbook)?

Social media: ask Apple whether they condone such behavior, and if not why they force employees to fly United? Is it because they sit in front and don't have to ensure mistreatment?
I think getting companies that have deals with United to rethink it would be pretty effective pressure for change.

Law enforcement: is there someone with jurisdiction over this, cause it happened at ORD? Like an attorney general of sorts who wants to make a name for him/herself and go after bad corporations, like United?

FAA: there aren't any passenger rights?

Anybody have any contacts or a big enough presence on social media to get someone to respond?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Threads like this are not what FlyerTalk is about. It's one thing to discuss an event that has happen. But we aren't here to destroy airlines and people.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Threads like this are not what FlyerTalk is about. It's one thing to discuss an event that has happen. But we aren't here to destroy airlines and people.
So it is ok to massively book a mistake fare at a hotel, and complain and threaten to sue when they don't honor it? Or to get a $500 business class ticket and try to use all your resources possible so the airline cannot cancel?

But it is not ok to right a wrong?

Look at Oscar Munoz's response, and tell me that works for you.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Anyway, I can't file a complaint with the FAA cause I don't know the passenger's name.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:08 am

Only option is to avoid flying them, and any airline that codeshares with them (so you don't end up on their plane by accident). If enough people do this, then the airline has to change their behaviour or go bankrupt
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Anybody have any ideas? To hurt you United and Oscar Munoz where it hurts (their pocketbook)?

Social media: ask Apple whether they condone such behavior, and if not why they force employees to fly United? Is it because they sit in front and don't have to ensure mistreatment?
I think getting companies that have deals with United to rethink it would be pretty effective pressure for change.

Law enforcement: is there someone with jurisdiction over this, cause it happened at ORD? Like an attorney general of sorts who wants to make a name for him/herself and go after bad corporations, like United?

FAA: there aren't any passenger rights?

Anybody have any contacts or a big enough presence on social media to get someone to respond?

Yes, that seems like a really good idea. Let's call law enforcement, like the Chicago PD and show them the horrible video of United dragging a passenger off the plane and let them take care of it!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by QPRfan
Only option is to avoid flying them, and any airline that codeshares with them (so you don't end up on their plane by accident). If enough people do this, then the airline has to change their behaviour or go bankrupt
You do realize that it is likely that no UAL employees were involved in this till Oscar said something. RPA flies in the colors of UAL, DAL and AAL so it will be kinda hard to avoid them.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
BDS these scrubs
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
No, but as a group of customers we are able to influence the direction a company takes especially if that direction is so blatantly wrong?

I am sure United will see quite a bit of impact.

Globalist
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Based on Flight UA 3411 on Sunday, 9. April 2017

Official request made to LH/LX:
1. UA should be suspended from Star Alliance, effective immediately.
2. All codeshares with UA should be terminated, effective immediately.

This shall not be tolerated.

I will never board another UA aircraft.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Speaking about law enforcement:
Which law enforcement body (or private security form) has forcibly removed this poor soul?
Media attention shown to diverted to them.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warakorn
Speaking about law enforcement:
Which law enforcement body (or private security form) has forcibly removed this poor soul?
Media attention shown to diverted to them.
Chicago Aviation Police, a non-weaponized version of Chicago PD? I think.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Can anybody in the US file an elder abuse report? I can't seem to access their website (presumably cause I'm not in the US right)
By definition he is an elder and this is abuse. At least this will get some ball rolling.

In some countries elders are treated with respect.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
It's not up to you to decide what the community is about.

By engaging in behavior like the OP mentioned, people would be demanding a different response from United and/or regulators. Sometimes a sting to a company is necessary to get a message across. Social media and activism gives people some power.

As far as harm to the employees, that's already been done. I know a lot of people who are booking away from United over this (even temporarily), and presumably any settlement with the guy would impact profits and hence profit sharing. The employees already lost. The question is by how much?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Can someone report this as elder abuse? I would but I'm not in the country and their website isn't letting me on.
At least this will get the ball rolling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.