Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ua 104 (gru-iah) cancelled tonight, routing options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua 104 (gru-iah) cancelled tonight, routing options

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
The only transit hotel option within GRU is a fairly expensive (US$25 an hour) Fast Sleep. I used the showers there once or twice when the old Red Carpet Club showers were busted.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by catocony
The only transit hotel option within GRU is a fairly expensive (US$25 an hour) Fast Sleep. I used the showers there once or twice when the old Red Carpet Club showers were busted.
There is a transit hotel (Tryp by Wyndam) in the lower level of T3. Actual hotel with a restaurant as well..
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: UA GS
Just arrived at ORD from GRU. There were bears in F and J classes (but no slippers). I asked an FA about their sleep last night and they mentioned it was noisy (construction next to their hotel). They indicated that it was the cockpit crew that made the decision to cancel IAH. I'm glad the ORD crew stuck it out and got me home on time. Side note: Brazilian seafood stew, new this quarter, is tasty.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:28 pm
cur
Original Poster

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
OP: any update? Curious to know how things worked out for you? Sounds like your in the Star Alliance Lounge in GRU ( they have a desk there with good people) have been there several times this year. Looks to me all were accomodated based on the seat chart of 104 tomorrow (only 1 booked in J)
made it without issues. enjoyed the polaris lounge for 45 mins. agent at transit desk offered me an earlier flight but in y. didn't ask for a long layover, was way too cold in ord and warm in iah. only thing i can complain about is that i was in the hd c instead of the pmco c. meh. gru lounge staff helpful, gru star lounge food is awful, beverages mediocre.

Originally Posted by jsl42
Just arrived at ORD from GRU. There were bears in F and J classes (but no slippers). I asked an FA about their sleep last night and they mentioned it was noisy (construction next to their hotel). They indicated that it was the cockpit crew that made the decision to cancel IAH. I'm glad the ORD crew stuck it out and got me home on time. Side note: Brazilian seafood stew, new this quarter, is tasty.
ha an fa having a smoke outside told me the iah crews were dressed and ready to go but the bus didn't show. also told me 90% of cabin crew system wide have been on reserve for months (and months more to go) because the company is having issues implementing scheduling software. assuming this is true, wow. if air canada fas with 5+years in didn't have blocks you would have wildcat strikes.

oh how rumors move in this industry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.