Wiki Posts
Search

MCO club out of comp beers till Tuesday

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
MCO club out of comp beers till Tuesday

Second time this has happened at this club in 2 months. At the very least they should serve the Yuengling or Heineken due to this. They should also stock enough inventory as well.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kss5555
Second time this has happened at this club in 2 months. At the very least they should serve the Yuengling or Heineken due to this. They should also stock enough inventory as well.
Definitely worth an email to customer care. If this is happening regularly, United needs to hear about it. Maybe they'll even throw an ETC your way?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:30 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
How do they run out - it's like cheaper than bottled water?

Maybe if they were forced to serve the less crappy stuff when it's out, they would be incentivized to fix the problem.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
Pure dragon wagon in that lounge. I have been in there as Premier Platinum and still looked at like I don't belong. Not a great lounge and how hard is it to get a couple of barrels of beet delivered. Didn't they serve blue moon and coors light there?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by energydj
...how hard is it to get a couple of barrels of beet delivered.
How hard indeed. And it would be super healthy too!

(sorry, couldn't resist)
Attached Images  
Old Mar 5, 2017, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by TA
How do they run out - it's like cheaper than bottled water?
If it's Coors or Budweiser, it's the same thing!
Old Mar 5, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
buy the 'premium' swill and email customer care your tab. i doubt it's the bartender's fault; no point in taking him/her to task (i'm not insinuating that the OP would).
Old Mar 5, 2017, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
If it's Coors or Budweiser, it's the same thing!
The water is better.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by energydj
I have been in there as Premier Platinum and still looked at like I don't belong.
If you're not GS you are nothing in UA's eyes.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by riphamilton
buy the 'premium' swill and email customer care your tab. i doubt it's the bartender's fault; no point in taking him/her to task (i'm not insinuating that the OP would).
+1 - This is the proper route to take. Within reason, a good shot that you see something along the lines of a credit.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
At the very least they should serve the Yuengling or Heineken due to this.
This is the right answer. Stuff happens, deliveries sometimes don't show up on time. But UA promises a complimentary beer. They either need to serve one of the premium beers, or have someone run out to the local liquor store and buy a keg or a few cases. Honestly, a barrel of Yuengling probably costs a couple cents more per pour if they don't want or are not allowed to procure it on their own.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
Originally Posted by JBord
This is the right answer. Stuff happens, deliveries sometimes don't show up on time. But UA promises a complimentary beer. They either need to serve one of the premium beers, or have someone run out to the local liquor store and buy a keg or a few cases. Honestly, a barrel of Yuengling probably costs a couple cents more per pour if they don't want or are not allowed to procure it on their own.
OP here. I just went with the house whiskey for a couple drinks before flight to ORD but while I was there someone did ask for 1 Heineken as freebie and they declined so he also joined me for a whiskey. Seems like that's a no brainier. Give away a cheap bottle beer. They said they get deliveries on Tuesday. The blue moon keg blew and went dry right as I walked in, the other keg was already out, I assume that was Coors or Miller Lite.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
While it is EXCLUSIVELY just an excuse:

Possible that some spring breakers have just been outdrinking the MCO club?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
What kind of whiskey is the house pour? Hennigan's?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
...while I was there someone did ask for 1 Heineken as freebie and they declined....
No big surprise there. No one can take a pro-active stand anymore. This world is full of cowards...and they're multiplying.
Not blaming bartender....this was probably a dopey manager who doesn't understand the negative impact such decisions (or LACK of decisions) have. Just sad really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.