Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Confirmed flight showing "Waitlisted"? {pending schedule change need to be resolved}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed flight showing "Waitlisted"? {pending schedule change need to be resolved}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton

I have never flown United before so am clueless about this. Family in California for the holidays. Daughters earlier flight sna-sfo and ours a few hours later sna-sfo both say segment waitlisted. I did pay for exit row seats but the ap does not say seat waitlisted, it says segment. Are the flights being changed or is something else happening ? A little nervous as it is a family reunion and we need to get there!
Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
check on United.com ... not the app. Did you waitlist for F?
as long as your ticket looks legit and you have a seat assignment I wouldn't worry too much. Was there a schedule change that you haven't accepted yet?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
I notice this today, too. A flight that was fully paid for and confirmed, with seat assignment, had the "flight segment waitlisted" text. Just checked online and there was a schedule change affecting that leg. Perhaps you're experiencing the same thing?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by WingnutSYD
I notice this today, too. A flight that was fully paid for and confirmed, with seat assignment, had the "flight segment waitlisted" text. Just checked online and there was a schedule change affecting that leg. Perhaps you're experiencing the same thing?
Yes, that is most likely the issue.

OP - go online (using the full website not on the app) and accept the schedule change and the "waitlist" notation will disappear. If the schedule change is not acceptable call and ask to be put on a different flight.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:22 am

I think I saw this too. We booked a business class international a while ago. A couple of months ago, the LH flight time changed by 5 minutes, got the waitlist thing, and it went away after we accepted. Had the same thing on another one of the flights a couple of weeks ago.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
This segment is Wait Listed .....Should I be concerned?

Several months ago I made reservations for my wife and I from YQR-SGN return for February 2016. Today I checked the reservations before making further reservations for internal flights in Vietnam, only to find out that almost all return segments ( specifically SGN-HKG, HKG-ORD, ORD-YYC) are waitlisted. These were cash bookings not award, and we are not requesting UG. We have seat assignments on each flight. Any suggestions as to what this means and whether we should be concerned or hold off on our bookings in Vietnam?
When I have a longer period of uninterrupted time I will call UA but wondering if any other FTers have insight.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 1:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Fizzer
...Today I checked the reservations before making further reservations for internal flights in Vietnam, only to find out that almost all return segments ( specifically SGN-HKG, HKG-ORD, ORD-YYC) are waitlisted. ....
Is there a pending, not yet accepted schedule change? That can create this issue.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 1:57 pm

There is a 2 minute change on one when I go to the UA site. Thanks. Hopefully that is the issue. I should have mentioned that this was on the UA App that it shows up as being waitlisted and not the website.

Although when I think about it the change is outgoing on YYC -SFO and all the waitlisted flights are on the return. Either wayI will accept the change and see how that works.
Thanks again.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
There is a 2 minute change on one when I go to the UA site. Thanks. Hopefully that is the issue. I should have mentioned that this was on the UA App that it shows up as being waitlisted and not the website.

Although when I think about it the change is outgoing on YYC -SFO and all the waitlisted flights are on the return. Either wayI will accept the change and see how that works.
Thanks again.
That should fix it! Happened to me many times!
Old Oct 24, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Several months ago I made reservations for my wife and I from YQR-SGN return for February 2016. Today I checked the reservations before making further reservations for internal flights in Vietnam, only to find out that almost all return segments ( specifically SGN-HKG, HKG-ORD, ORD-YYC) are waitlisted. These were cash bookings not award, and we are not requesting UG. We have seat assignments on each flight. Any suggestions as to what this means and whether we should be concerned or hold off on our bookings in Vietnam?
When I have a longer period of uninterrupted time I will call UA but wondering if any other FTers have insight.
Are you seeing this on the UA Web site, or on the mobile app? If the latter, check the former. Because when there is a schedule/equipment/flight number change on a segment, it will show on the mobile app as "waitlisted" until you accept the schedule change on the Web site.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 7:53 pm

Thanks to all. It was on the App and it is now fixed. Thank heavens for FT.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, Global Entry, Citi Prestige, Chase MileagePlus Club
"Upgrade Confirmed" moving to "Upgrade Waitlisted?"

Hi all,

I have a W-fare ticket for a TATL flight for next fall (Sept 2016) that had R space at booking. I applied a GPU and got the "Upgrade Confirmed".

This morning, I went to go check my itinerary on my mobile device and saw that it said "Upgrade Waitlisted." I panicked as I had deliberately booked this flight knowing there was open R space.

I opened a web browser on my laptop and went to united.com to check everything. The itinerary said there was a change in the schedule and that I needed to acknowledge and accept it. The change itself was very minor - the flight was changed to arrive a few minutes earlier. I accepted the change and sure enough, I went back to "Upgrade Confirmed" and I was relieved.

Question - is this just a quirk of the system? Was I in danger of losing my upgrade? Will I be in danger of losing my upgrade going forward?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
This stuff happens on schedule changes.

Even for non-upgrade tickets, my schedule changes have moved my reservations on mobile to "Waitlisted..." despite me having a confirmed seat previously. Nothing can be done on mobile yet, but going through and accepting the schedule change puts things back to normal.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 11:15 am

In these cases, it's best to call the 1K desk rather than accepting the change. Once you accept, you may blindly accept something you won't like. Many times, with a schedule change, not all the changes are highlighted in red font. It could also be a different configuration of the same aircraft with negative seat consequences. I would double check to make sure you're happy with the whole change. As a golden rule, as soon as you confirm an upgrade or even seat change, you should always email yourself the itinerary. Print it out for your trip. This will serve as proof that your upgrade was confirmed. I've found, when speaking with reservations or gate agent, that they often have 'no record' but all with a sudden if you say/show you have proof, the tune changes and they take care of you. It's unfortunate that this deteriorated with the migration from United's Apollo to Continental's antiquated SHARES.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
In these cases, it's best to call the 1K desk rather than accepting the change. Once you accept, you may blindly accept something you won't like. Many times, with a schedule change, not all the changes are highlighted in red font. It could also be a different configuration of the same aircraft with negative seat consequences. I would double check to make sure you're happy with the whole change. As a golden rule, as soon as you confirm an upgrade or even seat change, you should always email yourself the itinerary. Print it out for your trip. This will serve as proof that your upgrade was confirmed. I've found, when speaking with reservations or gate agent, that they often have 'no record' but all with a sudden if you say/show you have proof, the tune changes and they take care of you. It's unfortunate that this deteriorated with the migration from United's Apollo to Continental's antiquated SHARES.
I don't know — maybe someone can correct me, but I don't think clicking 'accept changes' is some kind of binding action like signing a contract etc. If I have accepted changes and then a day later realise I'm not happy with it, I just call and ask for whatever alternative seems better. I haven't been challenged by any agents over that, at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.