Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How long can you keep rescheduling last leg of an award ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *wood Plat, FB Plat

Hello,

I have been rescheduling the last leg of an award ticket for almost a year now (booked it back when you could book a "free" one way after a trip to Europe - i.e. LAX-Europe-LAX-Hawaii).

I was wondering if I can reschedule as long as needed or if it's somehow time limited.

Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:53 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I think the coupon may "physically" expire 1 year from the original issue date.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TA
I think the coupon may "physically" expire 1 year from the original issue date.
Correct. There will be a fare rule (yes, award flights still have fare rules!) that the ticket is only valid for 1 year from date of purchase. Changing the date of the flight doesn't change the clock on that.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:10 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by docbert
... Changing the date of the flight doesn't change the clock on that.
Usually but occasional it can be reset
so best to go to the reservation and look for
This reservation was ticketed and confirmed ...
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *wood Plat, FB Plat
Thanks guys! Indeed I did not realized there were "Award Rules"... and in there it says "NOT VALID AFTER 4/16/2017."

Originally Posted by docbert
Correct. There will be a fare rule (yes, award flights still have fare rules!) that the ticket is only valid for 1 year from date of purchase. Changing the date of the flight doesn't change the clock on that.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Lebadaud
Thanks guys! Indeed I did not realized there were "Award Rules"... and in there it says "NOT VALID AFTER 4/16/2017."
And to be clear, the last flight on this ticket MUST depart before 11:59pm on 4/16. You can't change your ticket up until 4/16 for a later flight. This may be known but just in case someone asks

-RM
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
For these purposes, is a SDC and non-SDC change considered the same? For example, if OP is scheduled to fly on 4/16/17 and the ticket expires 4/16/17, could OP SDC to 4/17/17?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.