Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by jmo2177
On my official itinerary from UA, AC737 arrives at 10:35am and UA35 departs at 11:25am. On the AC timetable, AC737 arrives at 10:32am. So it's either 50 or 53 min. Can anyone answer findark's questions about MCT? Edit: Thanks jsloan.

I'm going to try calling tonight and HUCAing as much as required. Thanks for the help everyone!
Just keep HCUA and say that you are concerned about the tight connection, if they aren't willing to do anything right away just say thank you and HUCA so they don't make a note in your file
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Ari
Here's my situation:

I'm on a PNR of 3 passengers that was ORD-OGG-ORD nonstop this coming December on HI-configured 777s (paid first--$2,300+ per pax). UA decided that ORD-OGG-ORD should only be nonstop on Saturdays and we're flying on other days, so UA dumped us on flights via SFO and LAX that include a red-eye that is 3hr 38m; all flights are non-lie-flat.

I think I want to ask for the nonstop ORD-HNL-ORD flights and HA connectors as a more reasonable itinerary; is that allowed, or will I get a "full refund, take it or leave it" shoved in my face? To be blunt, I didn't sign up for 20 hours of non-flat flying and I would find it ridiculous for anyone to suggest that what I bought (quick comfortable itinerary) is remotely close to what I have now.
I don't think you'll have any issue with that request at all. I've had nothing but good experiences when calling regarding these kind of changes.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by N104UA
Just keep HCUA and say that you are concerned about the tight connection, if they aren't willing to do anything right away just say thank you and HUCA so they don't make a note in your file
Update: I called and basically immediately got the rep to agree the connection was too tight. At first, things looked promising and I almost got myself onto a YYZ-IAD-NRT-ITM flight but her supervisor wouldn't allow her to add an ANA ticket onto the itinerary. So basically that left me stuck on the SFO-KIX direct flight as it's the ONLY way you can fly AC & UA to Osaka without adding an airline. So that forced an overnight, which I decided to take in YVR as I have family there.

Couple of questions:
1) Could I possibly call back and try again for a YYZ-(UA Hub)-NRT/HND-KIX/ITM routing?
2) I'm considering moving the overnight to SFO and just biting the bullet on a hotel. Possible to change still?

Thanks everyone for the help! At least I'll get there on-time... just with less convenience.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 12:07 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Another Saturday and another change to my May IAD-TPE travel. The past two weeks, I haven't even been able to tell what the change is (it's been a matter of a minute or two here or there). What gets me antsy is the waitlisted domestic segments, as a few schedule changes (even after being accepted) have left the waitlisted segments in odd configurations (once, the same flight was waitlisted 3 times on the itin).
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Wondering if I can use a schedule change to my advantage. Originally flying SFO-ORD rt same-day for a soccer game but it got moved from the afternoon to the evening, requiring me to fly back the next day. There was a schedule change for the flight back from 9:10pm to 9:54pm (>30 minutes). Wondering if I'll have any luck calling in and changing to a morning flight the next day without any fees?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zeer0
Wondering if I'll have any luck calling in and changing to a morning flight the next day without any fees?
It's worth a try. The worst they can say is 'no.' I'd probably prepare a reason, in case they ask -- "9 PM was already messing with my Central Time sleep schedule -- moving it to 10 is really going to mess me up."
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
What does a 10min schedule change entitle you to?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:23 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by AJ747M
When it comes to free changes, nothing.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Nothing, unless it drops you below MCT (minimum connection time)
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:41 am
RNE

Entitlement? I'll leave that to others. However, I will opine that any change United makes is an entrée to telephone them and plead your case for itinerary changes. Be polite and truthful. But don't be afraid; you have nothing to lose but a little time.

RNE, on your side.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Just made a call to UA about a change I wanted to make for an MCI-DEN-SFO trip. My original connection time was 1:32. Over the last 3 months, the flights have changed a few minutes every few weeks. I'm now down to a 53 minute connection time that (while being > than MCT) was feeling a little uncomfortable based on the on-time performance of my selected flights. I called in and said that while none of the changes warranted a free change, the aggregate of them did. The agent totally agreed and made the change without a fee. Moral of the story is to keep track of your original itinerary and don't be afraid to call.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jsloan
It's worth a try. The worst they can say is 'no.' I'd probably prepare a reason, in case they ask -- "9 PM was already messing with my Central Time sleep schedule -- moving it to 10 is really going to mess me up."
I said something along those lines and it worked . I've realized how useful UA support is over fb messenger. I get things done so much quicker and more effectively there than over the phone.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:44 am

I am having a major schedule change (rerouting with additional stop) on my ticket from Amsterdam to Hawaii. I wonder how I could use this to my advantage.
I already know that I will be able to change the flights, but I would like to do sth more. Originally on this fare there are no Stopovers permitted.

However on the return flight I could fly through ORD and wonder if I could be able to change to a few days stopover in ORD.
Would that be possible? Or do they still enforce the fare rules after a schedule change?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kapi1904
However on the return flight I could fly through ORD and wonder if I could be able to change to a few days stopover in ORD.
Would that be possible? Or do they still enforce the fare rules after a schedule change?
It can't hurt to ask, but prepare to be told 'no.' While the agent can force availability on any UA-operated flight, in theory the underlying rules of the ticket don't change, so if the original fare didn't allow stopovers, the agent isn't likely to add one in for you.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kapi1904
I am having a major schedule change (rerouting with additional stop) on my ticket from Amsterdam to Hawaii. I wonder how I could use this to my advantage.
I already know that I will be able to change the flights, but I would like to do sth more. Originally on this fare there are no Stopovers permitted.

You might not be able to get a stopover but you can get a layover of < 24 hours on a domestic to international connection at the US gateway city - e.g., ORD. I have scheduled some pleasant 21 - 23 hour layovers in Chicago over the years when going to Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.