Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
It seems to me a lot of the recent catering changes have been budget-neutral; i.e., borrow from one place to add something elsewhere. I'm definitely perceiving some cuts to the 'usual' services which may support the premium transcon pre-arrival snacks/E+ meals, expanded dessert choices, etc.

Originally Posted by Joe K.
IAH-EWR
7:44am 7/11/17
757-200
Choice of oatmeal or ham, egg and cheese crossaint. I should have went with the oatmeal. The crossaint sandwich was beyond awful. I mean bad to the point of almost gagging. I really hate morning business flights since I can't drink, so I somehow feel like I am not getting my money's worth sitting in the front.
Breakfast sandwich on an AM IAH-EWR? I haven't flown midcon lately but that seems to be a cut from when IAH-EWR was a full hot service (eggs/quiche or french toast/waffles, etc.).
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Had the "Vegetarian Calzone" for breakfast on SFO-DEN the other day, it is more of a breakfast calzone as it is filled with scrambled eggs and veggies, should be listed as a "Breakfast Calzone" as I was expecting veggies and tomato sauce. It was okay but too much bread, I would much prefer the SW omelet to this
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
07/11/17:
IAD-SFO (UA 340)
773 A/C (was sub'd for a 772 - wouldn't have gotten a Polaris seat otherwise)

Unlike p.s. or TPS, no printed menu provided - Purser came through and asked what we wanted from either ravioli, pork chops or short rib.

Asked for and received a Moscow Mule and the short rib. Was quite happy with both. Salad was the mesclun, strawberries + feta - with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing container that was bigger than the 1 ounce small bottles I've gotten in p.s./TPS.

Ice cream served as the sundae was cookies and cream (creme?) - which I had augmented with additional cream, chocolate sauce and coffee to make an affogato-type dessert. Fell asleep afterward and missed the cookie service. However, as the good dad, I went forward and asked for some cookies to take back with me for my teenage kids (which I received), but no cookie photos.

David
Attached Images     
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:11 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Does anyone have the SFO-EWR lunch menu for this month? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Does anyone have the SFO-EWR lunch menu for this month? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Attached Images  

Last edited by DELee; Jul 13, 2017 at 9:47 pm
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: UA Platinum
SFO-PHL Lunch Service

Lunch service- Salmon, Pasta or Steak, I grabbed the last steak order (per the FA). Great crew, attentive, quick refills, and friendly.
Attached Images      
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
UA 1924 EWR-LAS July 12, 2017. Two options, one was salmom, something neither of us can eat, the other was "caneloni". It was delivered in a gooey white sauce and looked limp. Gave it a try and found out where the stuff I put in the garbage disposal at home that afternoon went. With out a doubt we have a winner for the worst airline meal ever. Salad was some limp mix of lettuce and two slices of cucumber and two cherry tomatoes. At least the flight attendant was nice and got us something from the snack boxes. The upside? They put a lot of chocolate sauce on the vanilla ice cream that was served in a paper cup.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
A pretty solid looking meal appropriate to the flight duration, about the only thing I could say they could add is some sort of appetizer similar to what AA does. After the "alignment", UA did have an appetizer on transcons but it was pretty [moderator edit] poor and more often than not was a small ramekin with some measly shrimp doused in cocktail sauce.

It appears they are burning off the ps meals (or at least using a similar menu offering), although in the past two months that I've been on F meal flights I've been eating meals that don't match the standard menu rotations and never seem to know what I'm going to get until I'm onboard. I'm not complaining, because the meals have been good, but haven't been able to figure out the cycles.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jul 13, 2017 at 10:10 am Reason: Per FT Rule 16 - offensive/vulgar language
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
My post (#476) upthread has a photo of the SFO-EWR menu for this month. There is also a pic of the EWR-SFO menu posted by @DELee.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 764toHI
My post (#476) upthread has a photo of the SFO-EWR menu for this month. There is also a pic of the EWR-SFO menu posted by @DELee.
Whoops!

David

p.s. also updated my post!

UA535 SFO-EWR 77W

Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Any recent reports on the breakfast options in First on the west coast to Hawaii flights?
Our morning departure in F offered an egg dish - basically a small round omelet on top of a slightly sweet pastry, maybe corn bread? Not sure. The side dish was a dry and somewhat tasteless corn and black bean mix.

Accompanied by a small bowl of fruit and a choice of cinnamon bun or croissant.

Pre-arrival was a single pass of the standard short haul snack basket.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:36 am
formerly bulgarianfreak55

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hertz Pres
The new Premium Service Econ + meals are absolutely delicious. Better than most transatlantic Lufthansa meals I've had in economy, way better.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bulgarianfreak55
The new Premium Service Econ + meals are absolutely delicious. Better than most transatlantic Lufthansa meals I've had in economy, way better.
What did they serve? Did you have a choice of entrees?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
PHL-SFO Breakfast

Choices of Waffle with berry sauce, egg white quiche, and I think she said cereal (I couldn't really hear the last option). I chose egg white quiche, best breakfast I've had in a while on a plane. All of it in a flaky croissant bowl, pesto, egg white, and Cholulu sauce, pretty damn good.
Attached Images     

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.