Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Munoz named Fortune's #20 Business Person of the Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2016, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold

Didn't see this anywhere else, mods feel free to merge if already posted:
http://fortune.com/businessperson-of...scar-munoz-20/
Old Nov 10, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Nice! Let's hope the results of upcoming changes are as encouraging. ^
Old Nov 10, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
It's so easy to forget just what Mr. Munoz has been through. And not only has he survived, but he's thrived - solved so many long term challenges in such a short time. And he did it all for us - United's customers. It's hard not to absolutely love this guy; he's all that is right and good and amazing about America.

#TeamMunoz
Old Nov 10, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles DM, American Airlines EXP, United Airlines Premier 1K
there's no doubt that Oscar has already done more positive things to improve United than Jeffy did during his entire time as CEO. I am thankful that he was brought on board and look forward to more exciting positive customer service actions in 2017!
Old Nov 10, 2016, 4:06 pm

Glad he proved the skeptics (here included), who stated he'd never return to the company following his transplant. He's a class act and one that the employees, for the first time in multiple decades, respect.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jeff and Oscar, polar opposites. Jeff, maximize short term profits. Oscar, spend a little now to make the customer happier which should make long term profits better. I'll take Oscar any day of the week.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I'm looking forward to seeing what he has in store for the coming years.

So far, he's a change I like
Old Nov 10, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by deltadiamondflyer
there's no doubt that Oscar has already done more positive things to improve United than Jeffy did during his entire time as CEO. I am thankful that he was brought on board and look forward to more exciting positive customer service actions in 2017!
Any number of improvements by Oscar is infinitely better than the zero positive things Jeffy did...

That said, congrats to Oscar. Lots more needs to be done, but I will say that UA has gotten back to the point where I was willing to buy a ticket on them vs. VX or DL since (a) the time was better for me by over an hour, (b) the flight is only two hours, and (c) it was $130 cheaper. That I will consider UA's inferior service at all is a relatively recent change...
Old Nov 10, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
It's hard not to absolutely love this guy; he's all that is right and good and amazing about America.

#TeamMunoz
LOL...I like what he's done so far, but i wouldn't go this far!
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
One thing UA will benefit from is AA's FF program changes to match the others. This is going cause people who switched to AA to either switch back to UA or just start flying UA at times. So AA change is right timing for Oscar.

Myself, I have just started to resume flying UA after 5 years exclusive to AA. AA program changes in August is going to help UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.