Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated SIN (Singapore Changi) logistics / checkin / connections / lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
You will need an airport printed BPs, app-based BPs will not be generated or accepted.

Lounges
  • STATS (Terminal 1, 2, 3) open 24 hours
  • SQ KrisFlyer (for *G pax) / SilverKris (for J pax) lounges (Terminal 2, 3rd Floor, Mezzanine Level & Terminal 3, 3rd Floor, near to Gates A1-5) open 24 hours
  • TG Royal Silk Lounge (International Terminal 1, 3rd Floor, near West Immigration) (not open overnight)

Related threads - United Starting nonstop flight SFO-SIN - June 2016
UA Ending LAX-SIN, going 2x daily SFO-SIN, 27 OCT 2018
Changi early morning flight can I get airside the night before?
Print Wikipost

Consolidated SIN (Singapore Changi) logistics / checkin / connections / lounges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, Skymiles, HHonors Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mrswirl
Will you be arriving from another flight or coming in from the city?

If you're connecting from another flight you can stay airside the entire time without going thru immigration. You can explore the airport and visit lounges without checking in (as long as you already have your onward boarding pass).

The checkin desks being referenced here are land side and are only open during certain times prior to actual flight departures. As long as there's an agent there you should be able to checkin for the SFO flight. There's a transfer desk in T2 for connections but it also has limited hours.

Last time I was there I already had my electronic BP on my phone which got me into the SKL lounge but I had to wait until around 3:30am for the transfer desk to open to print out my hard copy and get the security sticker on my passport. I arrived from HKG at 1:40am, hung out in the lounge, took a shower (no food that early though) and turned right back around to HKG at 5:45am.
I'll be arriving into Singapore by bus from Malaysia, probably sometime around 3-4am. So based on this, I will need to aim to get to the airport by 4:45am, otherwise will have to wait until check-in opens for the SFO flight. I've had to wait around at the airport for check-in to open before (actually for that SIN-HKG flight) and it's a pretty boring wait, so am trying to avoid doing that.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
The folks at SIN are sticklers for the rules, so I would play it safe if I were you. I learned the hard way. My friend and I missed the check-in time for the HKG flight by a minute (he was 1K and I was 1P with no bags), and they didn't let us board. Given our tight travel schedule, we ended up redeeming a C award via BKK that left a few hours later and got in the same day. It all worked out, but even he (who is Singaporean) was surprised at their lack of accommodation.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Yeah, compared to airside, landside at SIN is extremely boring.

I was told there is a small lounge in the checkin hall but I've never seen it nor sought it out.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM
lounge in Singapore

I am traveling to Singapore in a few weeks, and I have not been there for several years.
I know that United has changed terminals for departures from T3 to T2 at Changi. I used to prefer going to the Singapore SilverKris lounge in T3, with my biz ticket.
Is there a SilverKris lounge in T2? I've found conflicting information on the web - probably old web pages. The Singapore airlines website seems to indicate that there is not a SilverKris lounge in T2.
If there is not, what are the other options?
Any recommendations? Preferences?

Thanks for the input.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
There are SKLs in T2 and T3.

SilverKris Lounges.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:01 am

Thank you.
FT is the best.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
You will also receive an invitation to the SATS Lounge in T2 from UA in addition to the SQ lounges.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:10 am

What differences are there between SATS and SKL in T2?
I am guessing SKL is better????
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I actually found the SATS lounge to be re-modeled and pretty nice when I went a few months ago compared to a year or two ago.
It was fine for an hour, I didn't feel the need to lounge hop and rather leave a few min early and meander through the terminal to the gate (where you'll go through security, don't buy any liquids).
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I've been in both the SKL lounge in T2 and 3. I don't think they were a ton different, except the one in T3 is bigger. I also thought it was a bit nicer, but very possibly because the terminal around it is a lot nicer.

The biggest thing that annoys me about the SQ lounges in Singapore (both T2 and T3) is the lack of bathrooms inside the lounge - you must leave the lounge in order to go. Say all you want about UCs - but at least they all (at least the ones I've been in) allow you to go to the bathroom without leaving the lounge.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I actually found the SATS lounge to be re-modeled and pretty nice when I went a few months ago compared to a year or two ago.
It was fine for an hour, I didn't feel the need to lounge hop and rather leave a few min early and meander through the terminal to the gate (where you'll go through security, don't buy any liquids).
The SATS lounge does have showers and the restrooms are inside the lounge, unlike the Silverkris Gold lounge where you need to leave the lounge and walk to a public restroom, there are no showers here either. This one is accessible for *G members. The Silverkris lounge literally next door only for business and FC pax, they have inside restrooms and showers.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Was at the SKL in T2 back in Dec for a 5 hour layover and didn't find it much different than the one in T3. It's a much further walk from the UA gates than before. The showers were nicer maybe and it doesn't have an "outside" atrium area like the T3 SKL and SATS lounges.

One minor irritant was they didn't put out any food until ~5am at which point I had to leave to the gate for my return trip to HKG/EWR.

Last edited by mrswirl; Mar 21, 2017 at 1:57 pm
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:53 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Was there yesterday morning (T2).

If you are on the 545 am UA flight to HKG, the SATS is the one to go to because there will be food out (per their agreement with United). The SK lounge will not put food out until 5 am, when the UA begins to board.

As everyone else has stated, not a real big difference between the two.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:52 pm

Thanks for the input about SATS vs SKL in T2.
I'm on the early flight to HKG, but the departure will be at 6:00 am since I'm not going until early May. Still that may not be enough time for getting food at SKL before boarding.
I do remember bathrooms and showers at the SKL in T3. They were located past the entry hallway on the side of the lounge that is away from where the food and beverages are located.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
What is the current experience for 1K / Business customers going through SIN at the moment? Was planning on 2 hour airport arrival but United recommends 3? Seems like the counters aren't even open till 2.5. Is there any kind of "fast track"?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.