Search

Quicker Mileage Credit?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:59 pm
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Quicker Mileage Credit?

Anyone notice a 24 hour credit to a flight recently? Mine have always taken at least 48 hours ever since the merger. Yesterday's flight posted quicker than 24 hours! Nice!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wunderpit
Anyone notice a 24 hour credit to a flight recently? Mine have always taken at least 48 hours ever since the merger. Yesterday's flight posted quicker than 24 hours! Nice!
I noticed the opposite earlier this week - it took an extra 24 hours for my miles to post. Maybe i got the extra time they took off your posting?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:15 pm

pmUA used to be as little as 4 hours but never more than 24 hours. Post merger it became 3-5 days with many times no miles posted at all and you had to call. I assume this was standard operating procedure for CO - one of the many changes we 'liked' about the new airline. Then about 6-12 months ago, the miles started to reliably post around noon CDT on the 2nd day following travel. So if you completed travel at 10pm on a Sunday, you'd see the miles posted around noon on Tuesday. What you're saying here sounds even faster than that. When I fly on Mon 9/5, I will keep an eye out to see if miles are posting faster and update you if that's indeed the case for me.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
pmUA used to be as little as 4 hours but never more than 24 hours. Post merger it became 3-5 days with many times no miles posted at all and you had to call. I assume this was standard operating procedure for CO - one of the many changes we 'liked' about the new airline. Then about 6-12 months ago, the miles started to reliably post around noon CDT on the 2nd day following travel. So if you completed travel at 10pm on a Sunday, you'd see the miles posted around noon on Tuesday. What you're saying here sounds even faster than that. When I fly on Mon 9/5, I will keep an eye out to see if miles are posting faster and update you if that's indeed the case for me.
In all fairness, my UA miles for the past 20 years have pretty much always posted 48 hours after the flight. I don't know how the CO system worked, as I rarely flew them.

Once in a blue moon, I would have to call to get missing credit.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
I'm still waiting for a LX and LH credit, The flights were 7days ago.
Normally the starflights credit needed 2days.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zappa42m
I'm still waiting for a LX and LH credit, The flights were 7days ago.
Normally the starflights credit needed 2days.
Really? My experience has been longer. Typically less than seven days, though.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
My experience with UA/UX has always been two days, *A 7 days.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
My experience with pmCO since I started flying them in 2005 and new UA has always been by 3PM Eastern two days after travel.

Over the past month or so I've noticed that's creped up to somewhere around 1PM Eastern 2 days after, so perhaps they're changing/attempting to improve something...
Old Sep 3, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I flew a RT to Boston last weekend. The outbound took 48hrs to credit, and the return 24hrs. I never gave this much thought, but UA does seem to credit faster than other carriers I fly.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Madone59
I flew a RT to Boston last weekend. The outbound took 48hrs to credit, and the return 24hrs. I never gave this much thought, but UA does seem to credit faster than other carriers I fly.
Do you mean other *A carriers, or carriers in competing alliances?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:16 pm

Following up on my earlier note, nothing has changed. I completed PDX-SFO at 11amPDT yesterday and SFO-ORD at 8pmCDT yesterday, and nothing has posted to my account. I'm expecting everything to post midday tomorrow (two days after completion of travel.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.