Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Sending Notifications to The Wrong Traveler

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

Some weird stuff over the past week . . . .

First, my mom flies to Bogota on award miles from my account. I get the post-flight survey ("Tell Us About Your Trip on xx/xx/2016 from San Francisco to Bogota).

Then, I fly to PHX last minute on Friday. Gate changes and flight delays, but I'm not getting the usual text notifications. Turns out they are all being texted to my GF - who doesn't know I'm traveling and is perplexed to be receiving texts telling her "Your Flight is Delayed" and "Gate Change Notification." She also got my "Check-In Now for your Flight from PHX to SFO" on Saturday.

So clearly UA is mixing up the traveler information in my MP profiles. Anyone else getting this weirdness?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:15 am

Yes, had the exact same thing happen last week - flight status texts going to someone else.

When I then went to subsequently book a new flight for myself (completely independent of that itinerary), I saw that person's cell phone number was now the default number in the reservation for my ticket (under "Traveler Contact Information"). I backspaced it out and put my cell number back in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.