Wiki Posts
Search

Access / reviews for TK's IAD *A lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2016, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Access / reviews for TK's IAD *A lounge

Saw on the TK board that the IAD lounge will be opening up pretty soon. Looking forward to trying both of these lounges soon.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Will We Get Access to TK's New IAD Lounge on Domestic Trips?

Originally Posted by Taoyuan
Saw on the TK board that the IAD lounge will be opening up pretty soon. Looking forward to trying both of these lounges soon.
Wow. What gate is it near? Any idea on opening date? Will it be possible to visit both on the same day or once your ticket is scanned at one lounge are you unable to visit the other?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 100% Green
Wow. What gate is it near? Any idea on opening date? Will it be possible to visit both on the same day or once your ticket is scanned at one lounge are you unable to visit the other?
Saw this when I was at IAD a couple weeks ago. It's in the B gates a bit before you get to LH (if coming from the A gates / Moon Buggy) and just a few steps past the gate TK was using that night (which I imagine is the gate they always use). No notations on it about when it was going to open just that it was coming.

Reports are that it will be operated by TAV PrimeClass so no guarantee it will will be a *G lounge (could be) but they (TAV PrimeClass) participates in PP so hopefully it'll at least have that.

If it is *G you can hop between the two lounges as much as you like with your ticket (same process as atany airport with multiple *G lounges if you are eligible to enter - they just scan your boarding pass and give it back - sometimes they ask for credentials if they aren't attached on the ticket but usually not an issue).
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Duke787
Saw this when I was at IAD a couple weeks ago. It's in the B gates a bit before you get to LH (if coming from the A gates / Moon Buggy) and just a few steps past the gate TK was using that night (which I imagine is the gate they always use). No notations on it about when it was going to open just that it was coming.

Reports are that it will be operated by TAV PrimeClass so no guarantee it will will be a *G lounge (could be) but they (TAV PrimeClass) participates in PP so hopefully it'll at least have that.

If it is *G you can hop between the two lounges as much as you like with your ticket (same process as atany airport with multiple *G lounges if you are eligible to enter - they just scan your boarding pass and give it back - sometimes they ask for credentials if they aren't attached on the ticket but usually not an issue).
The pictures on the TK board show the Star Gold sign FWIW.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Will We Get Access to TK's New IAD Lounge on Domestic Trips?

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...ounge-iad.html - I wonder if we (MileagePlus Premier Gold and Above) will get access when we travel on domestic trips....
Old Aug 11, 2016, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Assuming it is marked *G, sure.

Odds are they'll take the LH route, not the SQ route.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:00 pm

I hope so, I wonder how it will compare to the ostentatiously named "July 15 Heroes of Democracy Lounge" over in Istanbul.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I'm in IAD at the end of September - I hope it's open. Looks really good.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Wait, are we allowed to use SEN lounges when traveling domestically? Had no idea!
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
Wait, are we allowed to use SEN lounges when traveling domestically? Had no idea!
Yes.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by sbm12
Assuming it is marked *G, sure.
Yes, it is.
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Old Aug 12, 2016, 1:51 am

Given that IAD isn't a big station for TK at all, would they possibly consider the quality or lack thereof of UA lounges as a reason to build one here, possibly looking to get revenue from UA?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:09 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I doubt they would plan on anyone in their right mind trekking from UA gates to this lounge as a reliable significant source of revenue.

TK adopts a lot of operational practices out of what I would call the "pride" factor. (some sensible, some not)
Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TA
I doubt they would plan on anyone in their right mind trekking from UA gates to this lounge as a reliable significant source of revenue.
Okay - I'll bite. I pass through IAD a lot (now that PHL-IAD was upgraded). How far is the walk and does one need to reclear security?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by aacharya
Okay - I'll bite. I pass through IAD a lot (now that PHL-IAD was upgraded). How far is the walk and does one need to reclear security?

No need to pass through security. You have to take the train or moon buggy to terminal B. Basically the same as if going to the A terminal for UX. Doesn't take too long to get over there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.