Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Club at HKG

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
The men's restroom has had no working urinals for over 3 weeks. Must be a serious issue. Can't wait for the Polaris lounge to open here.
Unfortunately, I think you are going to be waiting awhile. No Polaris lounge under construction anywhere in the system....just "In planning" for HKG, LHR, IAD, and NRT.
And I really hope they get IAD next. Desperately needed...more so then the other 3, by a mile.

Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
The men's restroom has had no working urinals for over 3 weeks. Must be a serious issue. Can't wait for the Polaris lounge to open here.

In early December on the day I flew back from HKG the whole men's restroom was closed. They assigned a single rest room for the men. I had to wait in line in the corridor for 15 minutes.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by goodeats21
And I really hope they get IAD next. Desperately needed...more so then the other 3, by a mile.
I would like to think they're waiting on IAD to do it in conjunction with a new terminal, but hope for a new terminal springs eternal (and would mean optimistically no Polaris for nearly a decade anyway).
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by drewguy
I would like to think they're waiting on IAD to do it in conjunction with a new terminal, but hope for a new terminal springs eternal (and would mean optimistically no Polaris for nearly a decade anyway).
UA already has space and plans at IAD.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:20 am

is the old GFL still open?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jp12687
is the old GFL still open?
As a GS/VIP lounge
UA First lounges/GFL have closed now that GF/PF is gone -- what happens to the space?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:44 pm

Angry United Club HKG: NO COFFEE MACHINES

WARNING: HKG UC Lounge has no operational coffee machines. They have drip coffee and crappy little plastic creamers that taste like, well, plastic. Considering that I'm transferring through at 07:00 coming off a red-eye, this is absolutely unacceptable.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K

No change as of Monday. No showers either.
what is it about restrooms in the HKG lounges?

Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:42 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by cranky1K

I was there on Monday as well (albeit in the afternoon) and was sad to see the same thing. Food situation seemed decent with a variety of hot food (beef stir fry noodle, Vietnamese curry with rice, plus a couple of other hot dishes), but I could not find the little cups of ice cream. Also, the hard liquor situation is same as US United Club level (hello, McCormick rum!).
Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cranky1K

Sad to learn that they have not fixed the problem in 9 months.......
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
That is unbelievably pathetic.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
One shower was working back in April and late June. I do not know know the current status.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kmxu
One shower was working back in April and late June. I do not know know the current status.
Not working this Monday.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:07 pm

I have a layover late December following a UA arrival (onward travel on PG) and was counting on UC access for a shower. Looks like I may need to use one of the Priority Pass (Plaza Premium) lounges instead.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kacee
I have a layover late December following a UA arrival (onward travel on PG) and was counting on UC access for a shower. Looks like I may need to use one of the Priority Pass (Plaza Premium) lounges instead.
Seems to be highly variable. Shower was available 2 different visits for me in July.
And I believe the urinals were working as well, but can't swear to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.