Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Trans States Airlines St Louis systems down?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trans States Airlines St Louis systems down?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
and fill with whom?
Well, my experience is limited to my experience, but Express Jet seems to do a lot better. I'm sure it would have to be a number of different carriers for all the different routes though.

Skywest, I think, flies some of the other ORD-SDF flights, for example.

I don't have any strong feelings on the UX carriers, but I've noticed more problems with Trans States. I have no idea if they are worse overall than the others, just that I personally notice more problems.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 13, 2016 at 10:30 pm Reason: removed post icon per OP's request
Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hertz PC, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum, occasionally AS, LM, BA/Avios, Bonvoy.
Uninterruptable Power Supply

I'm surprised these operators don't have a UPS. It should be a condition of their contract with United (or Delta, American) that they can be back on line within, say, 10 minutes.

The other option would be a back up SOC.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: EK PLAT 2022-2023, UAplat soon to be LH senator!
Originally Posted by JBord
Well, my experience is limited to my experience, but Express Jet seems to do a lot better. I'm sure it would have to be a number of different carriers for all the different routes though.

Skywest, I think, flies some of the other ORD-SDF flights, for example.

I don't have any strong feelings on the UX carriers, but I've noticed more problems with Trans States. I have no idea if they are worse overall than the others, just that I personally notice more problems.

JBord,
you are correct...when i'm stateside i fly to cities that are primarily served by transtates and gojet, they made my life a living hell over christmas break, skywest and expressjet imo run a much better operation than those, a few observations i have noticed is gojet seems to stretch their 25 plane fleet out very thin on united where delta gojet seems to concentrate their flying to east of STL, flying into stl i've seen the plane come in from jackson fl, go to stl then onto denver and missoula mt. based on my past experience with maintenance issues and crew time outs with them that leaves alot of opportunities for a gojet issue somewhere between jacksonville and missoula.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cosflyer
JBord,
you are correct...when i'm stateside i fly to cities that are primarily served by transtates and gojet, they made my life a living hell over christmas break, skywest and expressjet imo run a much better operation than those, a few observations i have noticed is gojet seems to stretch their 25 plane fleet out very thin on united where delta gojet seems to concentrate their flying to east of STL, flying into stl i've seen the plane come in from jackson fl, go to stl then onto denver and missoula mt. based on my past experience with maintenance issues and crew time outs with them that leaves alot of opportunities for a gojet issue somewhere between jacksonville and missoula.
I agree that TranStates is the worst UEX operator. They have the worst aircraft (e.g., Q200) and the laziest FAs (no service and no service announcement for my last flight with them), among others. There is no way to avoid them from my small outstation.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kmxu
I agree that TranStates is the worst UEX operator. They have the worst aircraft (e.g., Q200) and the laziest FAs (no service and no service announcement for my last flight with them), among others. There is no way to avoid them from my small outstation.
No way to avoid them and keep flying UA or no way to avoid them as they are the only commercial service from your airport?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
I am a slave of UA.

There is occasionally a mainline aircraft out of ORF (to ORD). EWR and IAD feature lots of TranStates flights.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I agree that TranStates is the worst UEX operator. They have the worst aircraft (e.g., Q200)
I don't believe that TranStates has any turboprops. I believe that their fleet is entirely E145s.

Commutair operates Dash-8s (Q200/Q300) for UAX (with E145s entering the fleet this month).
Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat4Life, Hertz Pres Circle, reformed WN AP & CP
Originally Posted by LarryJ
I don't believe that TranStates has any turboprops. I believe that their fleet is entirely E145s.
That is correct. Their parent, TransStates Holdings, doesn't have any turboprops in any of its airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.