Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ridiculous upgrade pricing on United.com

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
What happens if you price the upfare via change flight? (It may show an additional change fee but calling in will get that waived via GG BUYUP)
If I try that, the same flight in F isn't even offered, despite the fact that there are seats available to new passengers (and upgraders willing to pay $2,400). Perhaps that's to be expected though? Why would the "change flight" tool offer me the same flight?
Old May 14, 2016, 12:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
.... Why would the "change flight" tool offer me the same flight?
yes, when changing cabins if it is among the lowest cost options. Sounds like the needed fare classes are not available.
Old May 14, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Going EWR to HKG tomorrow in economy trying to use GPUs (no luck, sigh). Paid upgrade for the return: $9456 one way. That's into business first, not global first. I guess there are only one or two seats left and they looking for a sucker that will pay that much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.