Domestic Lap Infant BPs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Domestic Lap Infant BPs

New situation for me.

Went to check in for a simple, domestic, one segment itinerary this morning - myself, wife and lap-infant. Did it on the app. Have done this on practically every other trip this year. Usually, there is no option for mobile BPs with an infant on the record - it gives me the option to email them. Sometimes, I get the 'this is not a boarding pass' PDF, and sometimes we win the lottery and get 3 BPs for us - one for the adult passengers, and one for the baby with seat listed as lap infant.

So today, I was shocked to get the mobile BP option. Downloaded to Passbook, and of course there was only two - for me and wife. Thought it was odd - so I tried to have them emailed, and again, only 2. Never seen this happen

As far as I'm aware, we need a BP for the lap infant, if for no other reason, then to get through TSA - UA, when we board, typically has to manually type something to board our daugther - its not a scan of the infant BP.

Checked on line to triple-check the infant was listed, and she is. Called reservations, who claimed the baby doesn't need a BP, to which I said unless something has changed in the last month, I always get one. He transferred me to web support, and they said that I'll need to print the infant BP at the airport, but everything should be good and it should spit out of the kiosk automatically. Of course, my worry is, that there is an issue somewhere. At my station (CVG), staff is contract, and while they have been very good in the past, even for reasonably non-everyday issues, that this might be a bit trickier.

So wondering if anyone out there has had this issue before, and if I am worrying over nothing, or if there is something I can/should be doing to get this resolved before heading to the airport this afternoon.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: UA GS
Bump.

Have the same question. Does a Lap Child (properly added to a reservation) require a BP. If so, can the boarding pass be printed in advance with OLCI? I am trying to Check family in on a flight later today and I am unable to find a way to print the Lap Child BP.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
I've always gotten BPs for lap children. This includes on the app and at the kiosk. They always check at TSA, so I think you need one regardless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.