Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What is your favorite former United benefit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is your favorite former United benefit?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Ahh.. Man! When did we loose inherited status? That sucks.. I have not booked an award ticket for the family in a while and now I see that if I do what I usually do: Me paid (need PQM) and them award we can not all sit in E+..
My understanding is that as long as you are with them, they will inherit the status. I just took my family to South America in January and I was on a paid ticket (daddy needs PQMs!) and they were all on award. We all sat together in E+ no problem.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Viking547
Blocked middle seats for 1Ks!
OMG I forgot about the blocked middle seats.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: Delta Gold
As a Silver, I miss the ability to choose an E+ seat at the time of booking.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Drink chits with silver/gold packet. Plastic membership cards for Silver.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

E+ at booking time, though I almost always get it at check-in anyway.

They also comped me up (unsolicited) to Premier Exec a few times in the early 2000s when I was well short of the required miles, but business was so bad they apparently wanted the loyalty. At the time my employer was doing full-fare Y only, and on UA if possible, so it's not like I could really change anyway. This might have been an unadvertised "PQD alternative" path where they bumped me up because the CPM for my tickets was relatively high.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by wanderingkev
I cannot tell you you how much this p*sses me off, no class,too embarrassed to print what they serve first and business class customers,a wine list that is short summary of what new and old world wines are. ...just in case you are an idiot
Vintage Smisek....project quality
Couldn't agree more - other airlines can do it - is it really worth the few dollars it actually saves per flight? And yes it's only a few dollars.... Obviously it is to UA-and that tells you all you need to know about how they feel about their best customers....
Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
for the couple of years I was 1K:

Middle-seat blocking
GPU on any fare
1K 800# "desk" that went above and beyond to help/assist. Near the end.. making sure to call at the right time to get the HNL desk :-:
1K "lounge", closet
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, RCC, PreChk , Hertz 5* Gold, HH Silver, SPG Gold thx to Amex Plat
Two class UGs

500-mile UG certificates and the ability for any PremEx to double upgrade on 3-class domestic flights.

I remember always having to buy more certificates ($100 for 4-500 mile certificates).
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Air Traffic Control channel.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA: MM
Originally Posted by transportprof
Inherited status on mileage plus awards got my relatives into E+, and sometimes into F, on many flights.
Another vote for this one. I like to use rewards for family and buy my ticket. Now I have to pay an upcharge to get them into E+. It would be nice if they rolled this back.

FWIW
DLM
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
1 Channel 9 (it has disappeared for all practical purposes)
2 Comfortable Y seats on the Airbus fleet (they really have gutted that plane with the horrid slimline seats)

On the positive side, a much enhanced network for the most part (Latin America, India) despite some recent losses (BKK, DXB)
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Unhappy Miss These Three the Most

• Inherited status on rewards,
  • Free call liquor (e.g. Tito's, Sapphire, etc.) in Clubs,
  • Earning elite status without a spending threshold.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:07 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The free day certs for car rentals that you received after issuing an award ticket was a nice perk too.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA GS
SWU/GPU on any fare
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
I never flew UA before the last three years - so what I miss most is inherited status - really was a nice benefit....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.