Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated YVR connections / bags / logistics / lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated YVR connections / bags / logistics / lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RFLP
I am flying ORD-TVR and back on United B/F-on the in-bound flight from Vancouver UA 298 at YVR which club do I get access to;
1. B/F ticket
2. United Club member
3. No UA status

is it the Maple Leaf club between gates 84-86 or the Trans Border Club near gate 52?

Thanks
The MLL is between gates 84 and 86 on the transborder pier at YVR. The only other lounge in the transborder gate pier has priority pass access - with better food and worse drinks. It's called Plaza Premium.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I like the Maple leaf lounge better and it's closer to the UA gates. However maple leaf lounge is not opened early morning and Plaza but your flight is a PM flight so it won't matter.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:30 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
yes you get access to the mll in yvr. but it sucks. so don't bother thinking about it.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
MLL is the only option in the U.S. departures wing. It's an okay lounge.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:56 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by cur
yes you get access to the mll in yvr. but it sucks. so don't bother thinking about it.
Originally Posted by sinoflyer
You guys sure are picky

I like this lounge quite a bit. They could add another beer brand to the self serve pour station.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by transportprof
The MLL is between gates 84 and 86 on the transborder pier at YVR. The only other lounge in the transborder gate pier has priority pass access - with better food and worse drinks. It's called Plaza Premium.
Is Plaza Premium as spacious with a nice view as Maple Lounge? I was tempted to try Plaza Premium two weeks ago.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by EmailKid
You guys sure are picky

I like this lounge quite a bit.
^ The Guinness doesn't hurt

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 27, 2017 at 4:01 pm Reason: repaired post
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sinoflyer
It's not really OK - passing through last month during breakfast hours, there was stale oatmeal, a collection of small mini muffins, a little fruit, yogurt cups and juice - that was it.

It's more worthwhile to buy breakfast at Tim Hortons and find a quiet spot to just sit in the terminal - the MLL is a complete waste of time.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Is Plaza Premium as spacious with a nice view as Maple Lounge? I was tempted to try Plaza Premium two weeks ago.
No, in a word. PPL is more crowded and less clean than MLL. The only dimension it exceeds MLL is in food (and it opens earlier). Hot breakfast and lunch items - e.g., sausage and eggs, and meatballs and rice. Flight crews often eat there.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by RFLP
I am flying ORD-TVR and back on United B/F-on the in-bound flight from Vancouver UA 298 at YVR which club do I get access to;
1. B/F ticket
2. United Club member
3. No UA status

is it the Maple Leaf club between gates 84-86 or the Trans Border Club near gate 52?

Thanks
Do you mean YVR (vs. TVR)? Earlier this month, I flew SFO-YVR-PVG. I made the mistake of not completing a Canadian entry (immigration?) card on the plane. I assumed since it was a international connection, I didn't need "papers". This was a Mistake.

Coming off the plane there is an international transfer room with 1 immigration officer. Since I didn't fill out the form on the plane, I had to complete the form in the room. When I first entered the room, there was 1 person in line. By the time I finished completing the form there was about 30 people in line. Soon, the room was filled and there was a long line out the door. Eventually a second immigration officer came (only 2 booths available). Instead of passing through in under a minute, I waited about 15 minutes.

The MLL lounge (beyond 53), was OK. I haven't been to a MLL in a while, and had the impression that they were all better than an UC. However, given the recent upgrades to UC, I thought it was on par (or even a little bit less) than a typical UC.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by transportprof
No, in a word. PPL is more crowded and less clean than MLL. The only dimension it exceeds MLL is in food (and it opens earlier). Hot breakfast and lunch items - e.g., sausage and eggs, and meatballs and rice. Flight crews often eat there.
Thanks. Shall give it a try next time if I am hungry. Another reason to keep Chase Sapphire Reserve card.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
It's not really OK - passing through last month during breakfast hours, there was stale oatmeal, a collection of small mini muffins, a little fruit, yogurt cups and juice - that was it.

It's more worthwhile to buy breakfast at Tim Hortons and find a quiet spot to just sit in the terminal - the MLL is a complete waste of time.
Never been there for breakfast, but lunches were always fresh.

But of course you can't go wrong with Canadian institution, Tim Hortons
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:57 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by EmailKid
You guys sure are picky

I like this lounge quite a bit. They could add another beer brand to the self serve pour station.
well i like more options in breakfast than 3x fruit, 2x types of bread, 2x jam, oatmeal slop, and 3x bran-based cereals. and i'm pretty sure they chintz out on yogurt.

one thing if the liquor was available so i could make screwdrivers or bailey's + coffee or a french connection. but seriously united clubs at hubs in the us do better (where they actually have hot options).
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by cur
well i like more options in breakfast than 3x fruit, 2x types of bread, 2x jam, oatmeal slop, and 3x bran-based cereals. and i'm pretty sure they chintz out on yogurt.

one thing if the liquor was available so i could make screwdrivers or bailey's + coffee or a french connection. but seriously united clubs at hubs in the us do better (where they actually have hot options).
Guess I'll find out what the breakfast offerings are like in a month or so as I have a crossborder flight.

Now I recall that you can make your own drinks ..... and soup at lunch is hot.

Of course Tim Horton's is almost next to UC entrance BTW, eh.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I am looking at a potentially risky connection in YVR and thought I would ask peoples' thoughts. It would be FRA-YVR-SFO as an LH/UA connection of just 1h21.

I looked up the MCT I/I for LH to UA, and it's 1h20 so this is a connection just one minute over MCT. However, I will be alone and I should be in either PE or J in the inbound (waitlisting a GPU), and have status and Global Entry (not sure if either of these matter). Also, if I miss the connection I'm guessing I would just end up on the later UA flight anyway.

Am I completely crazy to attempt this connection?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.