Wiki Posts
Search

TXL "early" (?) boarding

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS / IHG Spire RA / HHonors Gold / SPG Marriott Plat
TXL "early" (?) boarding

checked in and went through security as normal at A14/15 then bussed to remote stand (764). I was second on board and there were already two people sitting in J as if they'd been there for a bit.

IIRC, UA doesn't do any special van or bus for elites at remote stands as other airlines do, or am I missing something? How could they be onboard the flight so soon?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:30 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Magic?

I don't know the answer to your question OP, but not sure why it matters so much as you seem to imply you were the 3rd person in J? Is there a prize for being on board first? Would explain the gate lice seen everywhere
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
FAMs.....
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:49 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold, 1.8MM; Marriott lifetime Titanium
TXL "early" (?) boarding

Yep. FAMs.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Or sometimes airline staff. I have seen them board with working crew on occasion.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS / IHG Spire RA / HHonors Gold / SPG Marriott Plat
Thanks for the ideas. And I don't care, I routinely board last so I don't have to deal with all the anxious people at the gate but TXL is weird so I was on first this time. Was just curious why and how, couldn't really think of a reason
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Like others said crew or FAM. I've had a similar thing happen at TXL funny enough. I was the first person to board but my seat mate (757 J) was already settled in. He slept the entire way and the FA barely said one/two words to him when he was awake so I chalked it up that he was an employee of sorts going to/from work.

I'm going to miss the boarding/gates at TXL "if" BER ever opens.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
FAMs, Employees, or Diplomat / gov't courier who had Embassy deliver them to the aircraft. Seen that before as well.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Last possibility is folks who got SSSS'd and were secondary screened prior to gen boarding.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by Spitcool
checked in and went through security as normal at A14/15 then bussed to remote stand (764). I was second on board and there were already two people sitting in J as if they'd been there for a bit.

IIRC, UA doesn't do any special van or bus for elites at remote stands as other airlines do, or am I missing something? How could they be onboard the flight so soon?
Wave from 5L!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.