Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Lack of announcements at gate and on plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lack of announcements at gate and on plane

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: IGH Platinum
I agree with the earlier poster about UA sending boarding notifications to your app; I have heard rumors about this being developed, so hopefully it is something released sooner rather than later.

I too also hope that there are a reduction in the amount of gate announcements, there are so many of them and most of the time difficult to hear. Keep it simple as lengthy announcements are something frequent travelers know by heart, and novices may not be able to keep up with a long and drawn out PA.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I also hope this is the new normal. Can they cut out the pre-recorded advertisement that runs before the safety briefing as well? And don't get me started on international flights. It is one thing to take 5 minutes saying what you could communicate in 30 seconds, but when this is then repeated in 2-3 different languages it is very frustrating.

I don't need the FA's to be personable in their announcements, just the facts. Quickly. Practice at home a few times to cut out all unnecessary words.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:09 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
FA on PBI-EWR this morning made the "get the damn hell out of the aisle when you reach your row" announcement almost continuously. I was in 1B and made eye contact with her and kind of shook my head. Later in the flight she said that she saw me shaking my head and apologized for the inconvenience of the repeated announcements. I laughed and said I was shaking my head not because I was annoyed at the announcements, but because I had the sense that people were just gonna take their time regardless of the announcements. She laughed too, and said that actually in her experience the announcements do get people to hurry up a bit. We did push back right on time, so who knows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.