Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Maple leaf lounge/United club in Calgary for united flight!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maple leaf lounge/United club in Calgary for united flight!?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2023, 5:57 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
I was flying F out of YYC three weeks ago and was proactively told at check-in about the AC club post security in the transborder area. It was aceptable with soup and some sandwiches and deserts, coffee machines and water spigots with natural and sparkling, plus self serve booze. About a 3 minute walk from there to the gates.
Do you mean the Aspire lounge in the YYC transborder departure area? That would be new if they now admit UA passengers.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 6:42 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Do you mean the Aspire lounge in the YYC transborder departure area? That would be new if they now admit UA passengers.
maybe they let me in for another reason then? I asked fod a lounge and thay is where they sent me? I do have AMEX but don't recall showing it but I am four trips and 3 timezones away now so might be fuzzy on it.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
maybe they let me in for another reason then? I asked fod a lounge and thay is where they sent me? I do have AMEX but don't recall showing it but I am four trips and 3 timezones away now so might be fuzzy on it.
Is it possible you were flying AC? The Aspire lounge has a contract with AC.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Do you mean the Aspire lounge in the YYC transborder departure area?
There is a Maple Leaf Lounge in Concourse C available to all passengers - domestic, international, and transborder. It's not an Aspire lounge. Source: https://www.mapleleafclub.ca/en/service/lounges-canada/
Old Jul 28, 2023, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
There is a Maple Leaf Lounge in Concourse C available to all passengers - domestic, international, and transborder. It's not an Aspire lounge. Source: https://www.mapleleafclub.ca/en/service/lounges-canada/
I've been to the domestic side MLL at YYC. Unless you arrive way long before you need to for a transborder flight, it likely isn't on your agenda for the day.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 12:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...lounge@calgary

No MLL for the transborder A gates. (past PreClearance)
SPN Lifer and artvandalay like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.