Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ATL Huge Slow Moving Lines, Yelling Agents, Terrible Reroutes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, DL, BA, HH, IHG

We got to ATL to find our flight to IAH cancelled. No text or email notification. The United counter was total chaos. We finally figured out by talking to other passengers that there were two lines--one for checkin and the other was for canceled flights.

As we were talking to some other people we heard and saw an agent yelling at the top of her lungs at a passenger who had stopped her to ask a question. She yelled at him to not ask her any questions she had other things to do. Everyone was dumbfounded!

We finally figured out which line to get in but got on the phone to United and listened to Rhapsody in Blue for an hour and finally got an agent. Our final destination was CUU (Chihuahua) and we have been rerouted through Mexico City with Aeromexico. We have a 7 hour wait in ATL for our ATL-MEX flight. Then an 8 hour layover in MEX. Oh boy.

After we got our new confirmation number from the agent on the phone we noticed that we hadn't moved in line the whole time that I had been talking.

OK, rant over. Thanks for listening.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by guera
We got to ATL to find our flight to IAH cancelled. No text or email notification. The United counter was total chaos. We finally figured out by talking to other passengers that there were two lines--one for checkin and the other was for canceled flights.

As we were talking to some other people we heard and saw an agent yelling at the top of her lungs at a passenger who had stopped her to ask a question. She yelled at him to not ask her any questions she had other things to do. Everyone was dumbfounded!

We finally figured out which line to get in but got on the phone to United and listened to Rhapsody in Blue for an hour and finally got an agent. Our final destination was CUU (Chihuahua) and we have been rerouted through Mexico City with Aeromexico. We have a 7 hour wait in ATL for our ATL-MEX flight. Then an 8 hour layover in MEX. Oh boy.

After we got our new confirmation number from the agent on the phone we noticed that we hadn't moved in line the whole time that I had been talking.

OK, rant over. Thanks for listening.
Make sure to call/visit Aeromexico to confirm that you ticket was successfully pushed over from UA. The last thing you want is to be denied boarding because your tickets didn't properly transfer. Happens all the time.....
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by transportprof
Make sure to call/visit Aeromexico to confirm that you ticket was successfully pushed over from UA. The last thing you want is to be denied boarding because your tickets didn't properly transfer. Happens all the time.....
Thanks, we've checked in and have our boarding passes. Yea, I was a little worried when I didn't receive the email confirmation of the new ticket. Good thing I wrote it out on paper.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:30 am

Thanks, we've checked in and have our boarding passes. Yea, I was a little worried when I didn't receive the email confirmation of the new ticket. Good thing I wrote it out on paper.
Do you have your second boarding pass from MEX? Sometimes a second coupon gets lost in the push.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Do you have your second boarding pass from MEX? Sometimes a second coupon gets lost in the push.
No we don't! There is no Aeromexico counter here in ATL-- the flight is operated by Delta. They said that I would have to check in at MEX to get that boarding pass. They did print off my itinerary though.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I think the question is whether the ticket was correctly reissued, not whether space was reserved for you on the flights.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think the question is whether the ticket was correctly reissued, not whether space was reserved for you on the flights.
Just checked on the Aeromexico website with our new record locator and found our rez. Looks like we have seat assignments MEX-CUU. Anything else I should check?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Just checked on the Aeromexico website with our new record locator and found our rez. Looks like we have seat assignments MEX-CUU. Anything else I should check?
Yes, the TICKET not the reservation. These are two separate and distinct items. Both are necessary to fly.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:50 am

Find a ticket # on the Aeromex site, or call their 800 # and get one from the rez agent. Then you know you're set.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:55 am

Sometimes you can find the ticket on the Saudia Airlines website. This works surprisingly well for most airlines, not just their partners.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Find a ticket # on the Aeromex site, or call their 800 # and get one from the rez agent. Then you know you're set.
I called Aeromexico. They read off my ticket number. It's the same number as my delta ticket. The ATL-MEX flight is a code share.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 29, 2015 at 1:09 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:11 am

I called Aeromexico. They read off my ticket number. It's the same number as my delta ticket. The ATL-MEX flight is a code share.
Sounds like you're good to go! Maybe when you get to MEX, you'll be able to standby on an earlier connection.

Bon voyage!
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for the advice!
Old Dec 29, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
don't forget to get both DL and UA miles!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...merged-21.html
Old Dec 29, 2015, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by riphamilton
don't forget to get both DL and UA miles!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...merged-21.html

The original itinerary was booked with United miles. Can I get delta miles with the reroute?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.