Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Inside United Airlines’ Ultra- Exclusive 4 Million Mile Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GM, QF Bronze, Sugar and Spice buy 6 cups get one free offer card holder

This came up on my feed today. Would be interested to see if GS was actually like this or another fluff PR piece:

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/no-line...173302632.html
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: UA GS
So much wrong here, don't know where to begin correcting the inaccuracies. GS service is fantastic but nothing liked described in this article.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:50 am

Programs: UA GS, 1MM
Wow, that article is terrible. I don't know where the fault(s) lies (the author? the source at United? the editing practices?), but virtually every fact presented is either false, exaggerated or inaccurate.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:58 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
It must be fantastic to be a GS and receive all of these services...

Wait, I am...but this does not correspond to my GS reality!

I received far more personal service as a PE and 1k in the 80s and 90s and even in the 2000s than I do as a GS in the past three to four years! YMMV!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:11 am

Programs: United Silver
Ha. What a garbage paid content article.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Alright, which of you has the green m&m's? 😁
Old Dec 17, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
At the end she did say "I guess it was just a dream, or was it" Clearly the whole piece was meant to be comical and exaggerated and not expected to be taken literally.
On there other hand, She actually said "United has awesome lounges all over the world" and we know that's not true. She also confuses GS with 4MM. I'd also expected to get better service with a camera following me around.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Funny article. How many of you GS spend $250k/year? The rest of the article seemed more like a humor piece (bacon card?), but the spend figure seemed to be an attempt at reporting a fact.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by eng3
At the end she did say "I guess it was just a dream, or was it" Clearly the whole piece was meant to be comical and exaggerated and not expected to be taken literally.
On there other hand, She actually said "United has awesome lounges all over the world" and we know that's not true. She also confuses GS with 4MM. I'd also expected to get better service with a camera following me around.
Well 4MM does get you GS! So no confusion there.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Ww - talk about a content free piece...
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
Alright, which of you has the green m&m's? ��
Is this why I was presented in August with a bag of just yellow M&Ms?

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
Well 4MM does get you GS! So no confusion there.
And I think if someone actually spent $250,000 a year they would also get GS....

Complimentary bottle of champagne and EWR lounge, that one had me rolling on the floor. Honestly this article was more a piece of fiction than any type of reporting.

Last edited by uanj; Dec 17, 2015 at 7:41 am
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Yikes, don't think I even want to read the "article" based on these comments, would probably cheese me off!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:10 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Come on, people. Yes, a content-devoid fluff piece, but the article was written for Yahoo! and not the WSJ or FT (by that I mean either Flyertalk or Financial Times). To your average consumer, the little things we take for granted seem to grandiose when compared to long check-in lines, longer security lines and Group 5 boarding.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Acastus
Wow, that article is terrible. I don't know where the fault(s) lies (the author? the source at United? the editing practices?), but virtually every fact presented is either false, exaggerated or inaccurate.
To start with, the author was given a one-trip opportunity to "experience" GS-level service. With both United and her being in on this plan, it's hard to imagine it would represent a typical experience. Of course United is going to try to show her all the possible benefits (whether they exist or not) and of course she's going to try to abuse the opportunity (green m and ms)
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I don't act like Jagger or demand green M&M's or bacon. Mmmm bacon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.