Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United To Frankfurt, DE - Pricing question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United To Frankfurt, DE - Pricing question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Interesting, what would a typical routing entail?
For me in PDX, I buy a RT ticket to YVR, and start my trip there. Next month I'm doing YVR-ORD-CDG; CDG-SFO-YVR.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:31 pm
ont

Originally Posted by VoodooMagic
I thought Frankfurt was an international hub for United Airlines. Lately, the Business Class tickets to FRA are equal to Global First tickets to Hong Kong (HKG). Did United stop using FRA as a hub?
If it's a non-business trip, you'll likely be better off flying anywhere else like DUB, and then using one of the EU LCC to get to FRA. LH intra-EU coach fares are dirt cheap too.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

If you look out far enough, you can sometimes snag P fares US-> FRA for around $3k. C and J however tend to be mind-numbingly expensive on those routes.

You could try going through other European cities and see if that helps. Then get a cheapo 15k mileage intra-european ticket, or use a LCC.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by itsMoe
If you look out far enough, you can sometimes snag P fares US-> FRA for around $3k. C and J however tend to be mind-numbingly expensive on those routes.

You could try going through other European cities and see if that helps. Then get a cheapo 15k mileage intra-european ticket, or use a LCC.
I'm trying right now for a last minute trip to FRA for the first week of December - lowest price is about $4,500 each way from upstate NY (D class) - brutal...
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I'm trying right now for a last minute trip to FRA for the first week of December - lowest price is about $4,500 each way from upstate NY (D class) - brutal...
And that's just not okay for UA's J product. Or even LH's. Seeing that, I've been tempted to make a Frankentinerary by hopping on EK for JFK-MXP and then *A or whatever to FRA.

Or, a bit more conservatively, LX via ZRH. I like their "throne" seat in business. If you're paying that much, might as well experience some luxury
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:54 pm

And that's just not okay for UA's J product. Or even LH's. Seeing that, I've been tempted to make a Frankentinerary by hopping on EK for JFK-MXP and then *A or whatever to FRA.

Or, a bit more conservatively, LX via ZRH. I like their "throne" seat in business. If you're paying that much, might as well experience some luxury
But you can only get the "thrones" if you are M&M elite, or wait till T-24. Never seems to work out for me.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 2:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Another case of 'first post and run' while the topic drifts to something else?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Starman
But you can only get the "thrones" if you are M&M elite, or wait till T-24. Never seems to work out for me.
I'm not M&M anything, just *A Gold through UA. Had to call in to get a seat assignment with LX booked on 016 stock (website wouldn't let me), but that only took 5 minutes and I got a throne seat assigned with no issues about two weeks before the flight. Maybe I just lucked out?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, BA
Yes, look for P class fares from US to FRA. I am flying IAH-FRA on November 21 and returning on November 28 and paid Total $2,657.60 for Biz Class on a new 787-9.

Old Nov 18, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, BA
December 1-9 from EWR to FRA prices at $2,992.80 roundtrip.

Old Nov 18, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by stopdiabetes
Yes - if you want to fly through YUL via EWR from upstate NY - good price but a recipe for disaster lol...
Old Nov 18, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM
Originally Posted by stopdiabetes
This is what I pay (P class) and I do this route every month. C goes for about $11K - got snagged twice for that. It hurt. But planning ahead two or three weeks I never have had a problem getting the P fare, though I'll often have to connect in one direction. Sunday out Friday return is usually the toughest combination.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat Amb
I travel between AUS and FRA very frequently, and the prices on UA and LH are both pretty stable. However I know that EWR-FRA is more variable, and you can frequently find round trip fares for <1000.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by LatinAmericaFlyer
I travel between AUS and FRA very frequently, and the prices on UA and LH are both pretty stable. However I know that EWR-FRA is more variable, and you can frequently find round trip fares for <1000.
Not in J, which is what OP was inquiring about.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Yes - if you want to fly through YUL via EWR from upstate NY - good price but a recipe for disaster lol...
A separate SYR-EWR ticket on those dates is about $310; I would think that prices from other upstate cities would be similar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.