Using UA miles, fly TG or SQ J in Asia?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Using UA miles, fly TG or SQ J in Asia?

wasn't sure better forum to put this in. I need to get from HKG to MEL/BNE next spring, preferably in biz using UA miles since it's only 30k. There is wide open TG availability via BKK and workable SQ availability via SIN.

What do y'all recommend?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:28 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Depends. What class? What are transit times like?

====

Sorry you provided this.

SQ is great, but I really like TG too. I'd pick on best connection times.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 7, 2015 at 10:40 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: MPlus,OW,Hotels.com
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
wasn't sure better forum to put this in. I need to get from HKG to MEL/BNE next spring, preferably in biz using UA miles since it's only 30k. There is wide open TG availability via BKK and workable SQ availability via SIN.

What do y'all recommend?
You won't come to any harm with either, just go for schedule
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
SQ is great, but I really like TG too. I'd pick on best connection times.
Originally Posted by tryintogohome
You won't come to any harm with either, just go for schedule
Agree this is a win-win.

Although aircraft can matter. If TG is flying the 773ER to Australia that's the best business class you can book on those routes using UA miles. I just flew SQ's new regional business on the 333. It's flashier than TG's regional J, but honestly I think TG has the most comfortable regional J seat in Asia, even though it's an older product.

SQ gets the lounge nod with the SKL in SIN over the Royal Silk lounges in BKK. Although you do get a 30 minute spa treatment with TG J.

Note that you can book a <24 hour stopover in either SIN or BKK if that's of interest to you.

Last edited by Kacee; Oct 7, 2015 at 11:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.