Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA.Com Throws Error When Purchasing Ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond

Having a strange/annoying .com error today, and am curious if anyone else is having the same issue:

Trying to purchase a simple, single-segment, one-way, domestic award on an Express flight. Get all the way through the selection and passenger info process, enter CC details, and click purchase. Only to get the following error message: "we’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request. Please try later or contact united.com Support." Happens in both Chrome and Firefox.

Flight shows: "Y9, YN9, B9, M9, E9, U9, H9, HN9, Q9, V9, W9, S9, T9, L9, K9, G9, N9, XN9, X9" as inventory.

Any ideas? So glad I've ditched this airline, as far as revenue flying goes.

(note I think this is different from the issues others have been experiencing with reservations not ticketing...as this fails before a reservation is even created.)
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bse118
Having a strange/annoying .com error today, and am curious if anyone else is having the same issue:

Trying to purchase a simple, single-segment, one-way, domestic award on an Express flight. Get all the way through the selection and passenger info process, enter CC details, and click purchase. Only to get the following error message: "we’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request. Please try later or contact united.com Support." Happens in both Chrome and Firefox.

Flight shows: "Y9, YN9, B9, M9, E9, U9, H9, HN9, Q9, V9, W9, S9, T9, L9, K9, G9, N9, XN9, X9" as inventory.

Any ideas? So glad I've ditched this airline, as far as revenue flying goes.

(note I think this is different from the issues others have been experiencing with reservations not ticketing...as this fails before a reservation is even created.)
Try purchasing it using the app. Back in May I was trying to purchase a simple IAD-SFO r/t and ua.com gave me the same response you got. Pulled out my phone and the purchase went through easily.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by halls120
Try purchasing it using the app. Back in May I was trying to purchase a simple IAD-SFO r/t and ua.com gave me the same response you got. Pulled out my phone and the purchase went through easily.
Thanks. ^ That did the trick. Such wonderful IT this airline has.

(Mods - we can close this thread as asked and answered)
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:36 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Per the OP's request as this question has been answered, I'll close this thread

goalie
UA Forum Co-Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.