Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Targeted (TB4M32) Restore your past MileagePlus Premier status, earn bonus RDM [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted (TB4M32) Restore your past MileagePlus Premier status, earn bonus RDM [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
Kudos to Spin88 for the typically creative tongue in cheek assessment.

Clearly, Anderson's comments about seeing United elites coming to Delta is true. If United is doing this now, for those that have left already, what will they do for the even great numbers who have found the exit door this year? I'd wager, UA lost more elites in June and July of this year, than in all of 2014.

Programs: UA GS
1K with 25,000 miles?
Group 1 next year will be huge

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
How do I try these promos? Any link?
Why would a MM 1K need this deal? Just curious!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: 1K
This makes me feel very violated. I could have flown AA/DL all year and still would have made 1K thru 2017 via ONE of my RT's to BOM. This is a big blow to loyal UA folks.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
Originally Posted by lax2010
25,000 PQM is a cheap way to get 6 GPU's assuming that is part of the 1K deal!
And do what with them? Play the W fare lottery and see if you clear? Only to then have your flight delayed or cancelled and lose the upgrade all over again?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Thanks for the laugh

Originally Posted by spin88
(translated from United Speak into English)

A mass e-mailed offer for those smart enough to have bailed on UA already

"For a limited time, enjoy a mass-emailed opportunity to return to the highest MileageMinus Premier status level that you had in 2013 or 2014.

All you have to do to restore your former, and now devalued, status level, and enjoy our new lower service levels and chart bottoming service quality for a 90-day trial period is register below. And if you earn the required number of Premier Qualifying Miles (PQM) or Premier Qualifying Segments (PQS) during the trial period, your restored status will extend through January 31, 2017, and you'll also receive 10,000 bonus miles which will we hope obscure the massive devaluations we have made to our reward costs and availability

Register today and complete your qualification to enjoy the reduced benefits of your past Premier status and no longer see TOD upgrade offers. See a full list of currently reduced (see them now before we reduce them further) MileageMinus Premier benefits

This offer is valid exclusively for MileageMinus members who had Premier Silver or higher status in 2013 or 2014 and received this offer via mass mailed email.

Qualification requirements for this offer

Former status level Qualification requirements
Premier Silver 7,000 PQM or 8 PQS and at least one cancellation or MX delay of over 4 hours
Premier Gold 12,500 PQM or 15 PQS and at least two cancellations and/or MX delay of over 4 hours.
Premier Platinum 18,000 PQM or 22 PQS and at least two cancellations and/or MX delay of over 4 hours, along with once messed up reservation.
Premier 1K® 25,000 PQM or 30 PQS and at least three cancellations and/or MX delay of over 4 hours, including one that requires a forced overnight stay.

Terms and conditions:

Only the original recipients of the email invitation to the offer can participate in the demotion."
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by transportbiz
And do what with them? Play the W fare lottery and see if you clear? Only to then have your flight delayed or cancelled and lose the upgrade all over again?
Exactly. The GPUs/RPUs have to be reasonably useful to be worth anything.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
25,000 PQM is a cheap way to get 6 GPU's assuming that is part of the 1K deal!
Typically not on a challenge, no.

Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
1K with 25,000 miles?
It's not the mileage, but the lack of any PQD requirement that's really insulting.

Although I'm not so sure there will be so many takers for reasons already mentioned upthread.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Perhaps not on track to make 1k next year? Or a way around PQDs?

I wish I would have gotten it. I was 1k during the 2 look back years, Gold now, and will probably be Gold in 2016. But if I could do just 25k now and get 1k next year I certainly would.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I'm interested in the other promo not really this one. The one in the other thread about extra miles... I've been searching the website and can't figure it out.

Originally Posted by JBord
Perhaps not on track to make 1k next year? Or a way around PQDs?

I wish I would have gotten it. I was 1k during the 2 look back years, Gold now, and will probably be Gold in 2016. But if I could do just 25k now and get 1k next year I certainly would.
Ya I won't get near to 1K this year. I'll be lucky to hit Platinum...

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 30, 2015 at 12:57 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member -- please use multi-quote
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by demkr
Another insult to those of us who earned our status through PQD requirements which were also increased this year. This airline continues to disappoint.
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Offers like these tempt me to book on other airlines with whom I have status from January to June next year. My guess is UA has been seeing an exodus of elites.
Originally Posted by dank0014
Complete insult to those who earn it fairly....guess maybe I should just not go for their established criteria as no worries, UA will just give me free status the year after
Originally Posted by bmr12
Interesting. Maybe that whole "increasing the bar" with PQDs isn't working out too well for them. Between the inferior product and once-again deteriorating reliability there may be a significant shift in some buying patterns.
Originally Posted by Kacee
And they apparently still haven't figured out that it's much easier to keep an existing customer than to bring back one you've already lost.
1K with 25,000 miles?
Originally Posted by Kacee
Typically not on a challenge, no.

It's not the mileage, but the lack of any PQD requirement that's really insulting.

Although I'm not so sure there will be so many takers for reasons already mentioned upthread.
+1000

so all you need a 5 r/ts BOS-LAX @ $143 right now to get back 1K even 2 yrs back? Are you serious UA? That's just sick.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:51 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by hookthem
This makes me feel very violated. I could have flown AA/DL all year and still would have made 1K thru 2017 via ONE of my RT's to BOM. This is a big blow to loyal UA folks.
No offer for me, but gotta agree, this is a MASSIVE slap in the face of those that stayed

And do what with them? Play the W fare lottery and see if you clear? Only to then have your flight delayed or canceled and lose the upgrade all over again?
Sadly had this happen.

Twice

Lost a day of vacation each time, though the second time I was able to preserve the u/g next day.

Oh, and lost prepaid hotel each time
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
I have to wonder just how targeted this is...

1K through 1/2017 for 25k w/o PQD is just downright staggering. This is the class that they "protect" via FEQM exemptions and all manner of other hurdles. Then they're going to reward someone who walked away as far back as 2013 for a pittance, and exempt them from the rules they've jammed down everyone else's throat?

If I wasn't already convinced that current mgmt was a bunch of yahoos, this would surely do it. Why not just hang a "oh god, we're desperate and will do anything for HVFs" banner on EWR Term C??
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Clearly, Anderson's comments about seeing United elites coming to Delta is true. If United is doing this now, for those that have left already, what will they do for the even great numbers who have found the exit door this year? I'd wager, UA lost more elites in June and July of this year, than in all of 2014.
+1. I think this is the real take away. United admitted it lost mega elites in summer 2012, yet did nothing like this. They clearly thought people would just magically come back. Then I think they had some more losses at year end 2012 (see the 1Q 2013 yield), I think they did ok until end of 2013, then lost more HVFers (see the 1Q 2014 yield), and knowing what was coming they heavily cut capacity in 1Q 2015 (1Q 2015 PRASM held up better with massive cuts in capacity.) But 2Q 2015 was bad, and I think this summer has caused there to be another major wave of defections. The PRASM numbers suggest this, Anderson's comment implies it, and finally being desperate enough to do a reach out to former fliers says that they are seeing real issues.

What I think is most telling about this is how amateur this is. Sad offer, made via e-mail? Come on. The former customers are an important resource, that are best reached via a professional outreach, implied apology, and touting improvements (real improvements) and explaining why they ought to come back. Doing it this way, United is in essence burning up an opportunity. Were I Jeff, I would have said "wait until we have something real we can discuss with these former customers then do a professional outreach to them." Done this way, it smacks of some degree of panic, and its not likely (when UA is having a clearly well know crisis of poor service) to result in much new business.

1K with 25,000 miles?
I don't think this offer is likely to get many folks to return from AA or VX or AS or DL or WN to UAfkaCO (aka "the airline at the bottom of every survey or list)"

Originally Posted by hookthem
This makes me feel very violated.
You fly United, don't you feel violated (or at least a feeling of impending doom) every-time you buy a ticket?

Originally Posted by Darlox
If I wasn't already convinced that current mgmt was a bunch of yahoos, this would surely do it. Why not just hang a "oh god, we're desperate and will do anything for HVFs" banner on EWR Term C??
+1 But the banner should be hung on CLE, SFO, LAX, ORD, and SEA
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:32 pm

UA better hope that these promos really do bring back some of their lost customers, as they are going to have to make up for the difference of the customers they have kept to date who now walk away from UA because of how they are waging the war on their current elites. Now seeing this one, I am very much so thinking of moving my business away from them after this year.

This could come back to bite UA in the you know what.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.