Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Club House Rules

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by roadkit
Maybe if UA put resting lounges in their clubs instead of chairs obviously intended to prevent people from sleeping in them, this sort of stuff wouldn't happen.

FCS, in the Senator Lounge at FRA, they beds to rest on.

And let's be honest. He's not barefoot. There is as much cotton material between his feet and the seat cushion as there is between your bum and the seat cushion. And at least he's not passing gas between his toes, LOL.
Unless he is one of those who uses the lav in his socks...
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: UA 1K/1.5 million miler, SU Gold, JL Sapphire
I don't see his clothes as shocking. The airline treats people like sardines, don't expect these sardines to wear business smart attire. Especially since the said smart attire will end up all wrinkled from prolonged exposure to the Y cabin on international flights :P

I know, probably not the same as in "the good old days". But during these good old days I would assume they did not have the passenger density they have now either.

But that sleeping position is something else altogether. Most of the time, when I go to a United Club, it is pretty full. The guy takes up 4 seats. Definitely not classy or polite.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Maybe he just got off NRT-DEN in Y- and this is the first chance he's been able to be horizontal in 12hrs. I notice people doing this at the gate lounges (which I assume are far more dirty). Maybe he's a UA Gold and this is his first time in a lounge.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Socks on, clean socks as far as I can tell => still better than the average on-plane manners in my book.

That's just fine for UA IMHO.
Originally Posted by Tizzette
Badly run club to allow that...
Well they let emotional support animals & kids in. How much worse could it get?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:46 am

Yep, that's the shabby looking Den club. Behavior matches the furnishings.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...nge/rules.aspx

ATMOSPHERE AND ATTIRE
* During your visit to a United Club location, we ask that your attire and conduct are consistent with a professional environment.
* Sleeping is prohibited in all United Club locations.

I would have found another employee and asked them to enforce their policies.
Agreed; and the OP should communicate the lack of policy enforcement directly to the United Club Service Center:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...b/default.aspx

SL
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...nge/rules.aspx

ATMOSPHERE AND ATTIRE
* During your visit to a United Club location, we ask that your attire and conduct are consistent with a professional environment.
* Sleeping is prohibited in all United Club locations.

I would have found another employee and asked them to enforce their policies.
This is key. UA policy is for the cattle to conduct themselves as if in a professional environment (without implying a UA club is one of those places, of course). The lounge dragons should be dispatched to the scene of the crime and ensure justice is served
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:02 am
Suspended

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by tuolumne
Definitely cringe worthy, but I try not to judge in situations like this. I mean, just look at him. God only knows what he's going through in his life at the moment, so I'd just let him be and wish him luck.
This is very kind of you. I'm unable to be so generous. He has the means to travel and to gain access to the United Club.
We all have to deal with life, and some times you have to buck up and put on at least a decent, respectful demeanor.
Maybe he's a good guy going through a tough time. And maybe he's just a jerk

Last edited by goalie; Jul 29, 2015 at 12:56 pm Reason: offensive term edited
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tcp1
...The clubs clearly have a rule about no feet on the furniture - for a reason. It's unsanitary and disgusting. ...
And I continue to be disgusted at FC passengers who put their bare feet up on the bulkhead. Has a GS doing this last Wednesday IAH-DEN. He saw me scowling and thankfully put his shoes back on. There ought to be a rule about that one, too.

Food for thought:

Among superficial fungal infections, by far the most difficult to cure is toenail onychomycosis (Figure 2). The prevalence of onychomycosis has been reported to be as high as 23% across Europe [2] and 20% in East Asia [3]. In North America, the incidence of onychomycosis is up to 14% [4], with fungal infection responsible for 50% of all nail disease...
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:11 am
Suspended

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Bonehead
And I continue to be disgusted at FC passengers who put their bare feet up on the bulkhead. Has a GS doing this last Wednesday IAH-DEN. He saw me scowling and thankfully put his shoes back on. There ought to be a rule about that one, too.

Food for thought:

Among superficial fungal infections, by far the most difficult to cure is toenail onychomycosis (Figure 2). The prevalence of onychomycosis has been reported to be as high as 23% across Europe [2] and 20% in East Asia [3]. In North America, the incidence of onychomycosis is up to 14% [4], with fungal infection responsible for 50% of all nail disease...
Well, to be fair, one's bare feet would have to make contact to the area that is harboring fungus. So the people at risk are those who put their bare feet on the same area.
Justice served!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:20 am
Original Member

Programs: United, Hilton
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Stocking feet are far better than either bare feet or shoes.
Agree totally! For goodness sakes, airlines give you socks in premium cabins on international flights! There is nothing wrong with socks on furniture - bare feet or shoes are not acceptable.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:31 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Stocking feet are far better than either bare feet or shoes.
You mean like these fine folks.

Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
It really is time for the airline to put a stop to such disgusting behavior.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PTahCha
You mean like these fine folks.
Ugh, that's more disgusting than the lounge sleeper. Flip flops should be outlawed on planes.

The bigger issue for me with the sleeper is not socks on the furniture but the fact that he's taking up 4 seats. Not to say the feet aren't a problem though.

I've never understood the no sleeping rule in the UC. I think it's acceptable to sleep sitting up in a chair...perhaps it's just too difficult to make a "no laying down and putting your feet up on the chair" rule.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Originally Posted by HelloItsMe
We all have to deal with life, and some times you have to buck up and put on at least a decent, respectful demeanor.
Agreed. The choices we make in our own conduct can reveal how much we respect ourselves as well as respect for others around us. The guy in the UC may have had a tough day, but IMO his behavior revealed a level of selfishness--he was going to get his sleep and naysayers be damned.

Here's my entry to the "are stockings better than bare feet?" debate: (from TG HKGBKK a while back)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.