Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Tracking Premiere (BIS, PQMs, PQDs, ...) Progress

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS

Hey guys,

Newbie here. I had a quick question for you folks. I am looking for a decent app to track my progress towards Premiere that will automatically calculate PQM/PQS from flight numbers that I have flown (just to reconcile against my frequent flyer account). Do any of you use anything for this?

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

-flyinjer
Old Jul 11, 2015, 2:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
flyinjer, as this is specific to UA we'll move this thread to the UA forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Jul 11, 2015, 3:54 am

Programs: UA Platinum, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Its not an app but I just use a spreadsheet on Google Docs so I can update it from wherever.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Have you seen:
mystatus.united.com
?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
Like Hite I just use a simple Excel spreadsheet and then reconcile against that. Works great for me!
Old Jul 11, 2015, 6:35 am

Like the others, I just use a spreadsheet to track elite miles and segments, along with dollars.

Maybe one day I'll build the web app of my dreams to do that all automatically. For now it's just too easy in a spreadsheet.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
My excel sheet started to get too complicated so I wrote a 3 tier web app to track it... but it's not really suitable for other users.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mduell
My excel sheet started to get too complicated
This should be among the simplest of spreadsheets. You must be doing a whole lot more than just tracking status requirements.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: 1k
Apps, spread sheets, etc?

Is it really that hard to track?

Maybe I am just a Dino.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Asiatraveler15
Apps, spread sheets, etc?

Is it really that hard to track?
It is actually forward-looking as well - I track YTD, total expected, spend, cost per mile (though will no longer track CpRDM after this year), etc.

That way, I can see how close I am to milestones (MM, renewal) and judge accordingly - especially considering how often I use SDC for reroutes.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aza72
Have you seen:
mystatus.united.com
?
I'm with you. United made it pretty simple and this site does all the legwork (as minimal as it is).
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum
I keep a fairly simple Google Spreadsheet, tracking my flown, booked, and planned flights with PQM and actual or estimated PQD. This year, I also started tracking type of upgrade, if any (i.e. CPU, Miles, Miles+Cash, RPU, or GPU) and if that upgrade cleared.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
Yeah, i'm mainly interested in tracking for the sake planning. I do like to see as much data as possible all in one location.

I've started to put together a spreadsheet using this as a template: https://milepoint.com/forums/threads...-miles.124978/
Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
BIS and actual flight miles tracking

I'm new to FT. I see everyone tracking BIS and actual flight miles (including partner flights). UA's website provides all this data, but am I right that everyone is putting in the effort to manually (or separate spreadsheet) tally data like BIS and partner flight miles? I searched and found some threads from 10-15 years ago with spreadsheets, (but the links weren't active anymore for me) but would love to see if there's any updated tools people are using? Thanks.

Last edited by msper64; Dec 23, 2016 at 3:14 pm
Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I just have an excel sheet. I track all my miles earned (Card, BIS, bonus, etc.). I also have it programed to show the difference between the $-based RDM earning we get now, vs. the distance-based earning from a few years ago and shows my PQD vs. actual spend.

For me, it gives me an easier way to see everything detailed how I want it, and gives me something to compare to UAs web site, so can track anything that doesn't post to UA, or doesn't post properly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.